Author Topic: Another conservative Jew in the House of Reps Nan Hayworth from Tea Party  (Read 3265 times)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
now 2 conservatives in the house :) and 3 leftist gays the only openly gays in the house are Jews :o >:(
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.
Re: Another conservative Jew in the House of Reps Nan Hayworth from Tea Party
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2010, 09:33:45 AM »
A major reason why Nan Hayworth was able to defeat Democrat Incumbent John Hall is that Hayworth had comparable campaign funds.     Most Republican Challengers in New York were at a huge disadvantage in terms of campaign funds:

http://www.opensecrets.org/races/summary.php?id=NY19&cycle=2010
"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2010, 11:32:23 AM »
now 2 conservatives in the house :) and 3 leftist gays the only openly gays in the house are Jews :o >:(

I dont know how anyone with a brain could have voted for that absolute horror, Barney Frank, YSV.  I mean this animal precipitated the housing crisis by forcing Banks to give loans to unqualified persons.

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2010, 11:55:31 AM »
Nice!   

Offline Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2010, 02:19:16 PM »
בס''ד

A "Jew"?

She was born and raised as a Gentile Lutheran but intermarried with a Jew. So she now calls herself a "Jew by choice". What makes her Jewish? Nothing, she just decided to call herself "Jewish" after intermarrying with an assimilated Jew.

My position is that I always oppose the Jewish candidate because Jews are not allowed to live in the Galut (Exile), and so they certainly are not allowed to serve in political office outside of Israel. Jews getting elected to political office is a chillul Hashem (defiling of G-d's name).

In this case, we see someone who is the ultimate symbol of what has happened to the assimilated, intermarried, self-hating Jews of the Galut.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2010, 07:09:15 PM »
Is she of any relation to J.D. Hayworth?

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2010, 07:14:52 PM »
בס''ד

A "Jew"?

She was born and raised as a Gentile Lutheran but intermarried with a Jew. So she now calls herself a "Jew by choice". What makes her Jewish? Nothing, she just decided to call herself "Jewish" after intermarrying with an assimilated Jew.

My position is that I always oppose the Jewish candidate because Jews are not allowed to live in the Galut (Exile), and so they certainly are not allowed to serve in political office outside of Israel. Jews getting elected to political office is a chillul Hashem (defiling of G-d's name).

In this case, we see someone who is the ultimate symbol of what has happened to the assimilated, intermarried, self-hating Jews of the Galut.

Chaim,

I understand your position and I agree. But I have not heard your explanation of the case of Joseph HaTzadik. Joseph was sold into slavery in Mitzrayim and through his ability to interpret the dreams of Pharoah he became the SECOND MOST POWERFUL ruler in the land of Egypt. In this case it seems that the Torah allows the Jew to have political power in Galut.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2010, 07:31:39 PM »

I dont know how anyone with a brain could have voted for that absolute horror, Barney Frank, YSV.  I mean this animal precipitated the housing crisis by forcing Banks to give loans to unqualified persons.
Frank must have one h-ll of a radical constituency ... I would have thought he was finished...The filthy story twister really has managed to deflect most of his problems on to the former Bush Administration while all the while he and his wife over at Fannie Mae were at the root of the evil..
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,432501,00.html
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 07:43:50 PM by cjd »
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2010, 07:57:00 PM »
Good grief, I can't believe I voted for a person who pretends to be Jewish!   Well, on the bright side, at least I didn't vote for a Jew.   

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2010, 08:36:54 PM »
בס''ד

A "Jew"?

Chaim,

I understand your position and I agree. But I have not heard your explanation of the case of Joseph HaTzadik. Joseph was sold into slavery in Mitzrayim and through his ability to interpret the dreams of Pharoah he became the SECOND MOST POWERFUL ruler in the land of Egypt. In this case it seems that the Torah allows the Jew to have political power in Galut.

Also during the Babylonian exile, Daniel was in a very powerful position, even after the Jews returned to Israel.

So was Mordecai.  And...well... Esther.   I don't think that's the point, however. 

Offline takebackourtemple

• Master JTFer
  • May this be the year that the temple is liberated.
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2010, 08:57:13 PM »
I was hoping that J.D. Hayworth would beat McCain. McCain doesn't really count as a republican.
Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2010, 10:34:36 PM »
I was hoping that J.D. Hayworth would beat McCain. McCain doesn't really count as a republican.
The real nail in his coffin was when that slut Sarah Palin supported her slut ticket mate McCain.

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2010, 05:26:08 PM »
I did some research on Nan Hayworth's Jewish background.      Apparently,   she's a member of 'Temple Shaaray Tefila of Northern Westchester'  ,

"A Reform Congregation with a traditional soul" .       This is a concern:

http://www.shaaraytefila.org/

http://www.mhvperspective.com/?AllLtrs=2010-09-10#20100910903

Hayworth is strong supporter of Israel

Nan Hayworth is running for Congress in the 19th Congressional District. She is a strong supporter of Israel. She believes in Israel's right to exist as a Jewish state and also believes that the Arab states and Iran must renounce violence and terrorism before peace can be achieved in the region.

As a member of Congress, Nan Hayworth will support Israel as our ally and only democracy in the region. She will uphold Israel's right to defend itself against terrorism and their state sponsors.

Nan Hayworth feels that the U.S should act decisively to prevent Iran from further developing nuclear weapons. Her political beliefs are enhanced by her strong religious faith. Nan Hayworth was born and raised in the Lutheran faith, her husband is Jewish and their two sons were raised in the Jewish religion. They are members of Temple Shaaray Tefila in Bedford Corners.

Nan Hayworth has the political knowledge and the strong political beliefs to make decisions on legislation in Congress which will protect and be in the best interests of both the U.S. and Israel.

Edward Dubin and Linda Dubin
Florida
N.Y.

"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2010, 07:07:33 PM »
leftist gay jews? that's an oxymoron, those are no Jews.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2010, 11:36:20 PM »
This lady sounds like another pseudo-rightist joke, another Sarah Palin or Michelle Bachmann.

• Master JTFer
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2010, 05:53:16 PM »
בס''ד

A "Jew"?

Chaim,

Muman,

I'm going to try to answer this with something my rabbi mentioned about women rabbis. According to him, a Rabbi is not defined directly in the torah, however, Smicha equates to a respectable level of leadership for people to follow. Traditionally women did not hold this type of responsibility, however, exceptions did exist.
   Since a Rabbi is not defined in the torah, it would hypothetically not violate any torah laws for a woman to achieve genuine(not the fake type) smicha, however, it would show great disrespect towards traditions which Jewish faith is based on. For a woman to become a real Rabbi, Hashem would have to decide he wanted her to be and that would have to come from a prophet.
   Given that orthodox Jews do run for office here, I am assuming that this is a similar scenario. Hashem wanted Joseph rule in Galut and that is why he did.
Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2010, 06:08:33 PM »
Why do some women insist on wearing yarmulkes?  I used to think this was a lesbian thing, but lately I see many women with long hair, holding hands with their bfs/husbands sporting a male kippah.  Can someone explain this phenomenon with some substance or knowledge of this phenomenon?

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2010, 06:59:53 PM »
בס''ד

A "Jew"?

Chaim,

Muman,

I'm going to try to answer this with something my rabbi mentioned about women rabbis. According to him, a Rabbi is not defined directly in the torah, however, Smicha equates to a respectable level of leadership for people to follow. Traditionally women did not hold this type of responsibility, however, exceptions did exist.
   Since a Rabbi is not defined in the torah, it would hypothetically not violate any torah laws for a woman to achieve genuine(not the fake type) smicha, however, it would show great disrespect towards traditions which Jewish faith is based on. For a woman to become a real Rabbi, Hashem would have to decide he wanted her to be and that would have to come from a prophet.
   Given that orthodox Jews do run for office here, I am assuming that this is a similar scenario. Hashem wanted Joseph rule in Galut and that is why he did.

First of all, no one has REAL smicha today.   But for the rabinical smicha that is available today, women are not eligible.  The reason is that the halacha forbids women to be rabbis.   So saying it "disrespects tradition" is a gross understatement.   It is something that is forbidden.   You are trying to grant legitimacy to an illegal act.   This is similar to the Shabtai Tzvi heresy.   You cannot excuse an avera by saying that God willed for that to happen.   We have free choice and that underlies all of Judaism.   

Is your rabbi by any chance R.  Avi Weiss?    He is the one who tried to break halacha to appoint a woman rabbi and even he admits that it is not permitted!    Rabbi Saul Lieberman was against it.   Rabbi HaLivni is against it.    Even the most leftwing and open-minded of liberal Orthodox rabbis is against breaking halacha in this manner!

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2010, 07:00:51 PM »
Why do some women insist on wearing yarmulkes?  I used to think this was a lesbian thing, but lately I see many women with long hair, holding hands with their bfs/husbands sporting a male kippah.  Can someone explain this phenomenon with some substance or knowledge of this phenomenon?

Totally agree - It's insane!   Like men wearing dresses.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2010, 07:02:14 PM »
Btw I asked Chaim in Ask JTF this week about this issue of Jews running for office in galuth.

• Master JTFer
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2010, 04:45:26 AM »

First of all, no one has REAL smicha today.   But for the rabinical smicha that is available today, women are not eligible.  The reason is that the halacha forbids women to be rabbis.   So saying it "disrespects tradition" is a gross understatement.   It is something that is forbidden.   You are trying to grant legitimacy to an illegal act. 

There is no need to attack me because you disagree. Especially when I'm commenting on what I heard from my rabbi. If I'm wrong, just prove me wrong and I will respect your torah knowledge.

I'm in no way granting legitimacy to the disgusting acts that the conservative and deformed practice. I'm not degrading tradition either. By no means can anyone, including men just call themselves a Rabbi without the proper training and practice. Proper training and practice for a women does not exist and probably never will, however, that is a decision that Hashem can make.

The point that I was making is that Hashem can establish laws through tradition with some flexibility to make exceptions under extraordinary conditions. A woman could have a role of leadership that goes far beyond what is expected from a woman. Whether that equates to her being a "Rabbi" is a different question, but Jewish history does have many cases of matriarchs. What I was saying is that this might apply to Jews holding office outside of Israel.

When you say halacha forbids women to be rabbis, are you referring to the "tradition" component or do you have a specific text to refer to?
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 04:50:52 AM by takebackourtemple »

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2010, 07:41:14 AM »
Why are two good, religious Jews fighting?

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2010, 10:33:24 AM »
Why are two good, religious Jews fighting?

I didn't think we were fighting.   We can't have a conversation ?

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2010, 10:47:57 AM »

First of all, no one has REAL smicha today.   But for the rabinical smicha that is available today, women are not eligible.  The reason is that the halacha forbids women to be rabbis.   So saying it "disrespects tradition" is a gross understatement.   It is something that is forbidden.   You are trying to grant legitimacy to an illegal act. 

There is no need to attack me because you disagree. 

I really didn't intend an attack at all.    Perhaps my disagreement is really with your rabbi and not with you in particular.   I'm attacking the idea of the "woman rabbi."

I'm in no way granting legitimacy to the disgusting acts that the conservative and deformed practice.

I hear that.   On the other hand, this is one of their innovations that has been copied by some supposedly Orthodox rabbis (or actually, one supposedly orthodox rabbi).   Not saying that their innovations are always wrong by default, but the halacha in this case is against it.

I'm not degrading tradition either.

No, I did not think you were.   When I said " saying it 'disrespects tradition' is a gross understatement" - I was referring to what you had said:

"Since a Rabbi is not defined in the torah, it would hypothetically not violate any torah laws for a woman to achieve genuine(not the fake type) smicha, however, it would show great disrespect towards traditions which Jewish faith is based on."

So I'm just saying it's even more than a disregard for tradition, it's actually discarding the halacha too.

By no means can anyone, including men just call themselves a Rabbi without the proper training and practice. Proper training and practice for a women does not exist and probably never will, however, that is a decision that Hashem can make. 

I guess this part is really what I don't get.   How can Hashem decide that?   Hasn't our law already been decided by Hashem and the sages who interpreted it?

A woman could have a role of leadership that goes far beyond what is expected from a woman. 

This I don't disagree with at all.  Women can definitely take on major roles in the community and even quasi-rabbinic role, but simply not a rabbi.   

Whether that equates to her being a "Rabbi" is a different question, but Jewish history does have many cases of matriarchs. What I was saying is that this might apply to Jews holding office outside of Israel.

No one said women can't be leaders or have leadership positions.   I fail to understand any parallel with the question of Jews holding office in galut though.

When you say halacha forbids women to be rabbis, are you referring to the "tradition" component or do you have a specific text to refer to?

There is a Jewish law, dealing with qualifications for a "dayan" (a rabbinical judge), and one of the laws is that a woman cannot be a dayan.  This is in standard halacha.     The title and position of "rabbi" today is a type of dayan.   So most everyone in the orthodox world draws the simple conclusion from that - a woman can't be a rabbi. 

It does not preclude other types of leadership.     

But there was a controversy when R. Avi Weiss decided he was going to discard that halacha and elect his "rabbanit" or "maharit" (the 'official' name of his 'woman-rabbi' has changed several times now).     The RCA wrote against his decision saying it was beyond the pale.    From what I remember, he later admitted that the halacha is against him but he's doing it anyway.

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2010, 02:14:11 PM »

Totally agree - It's insane!   Like men wearing dresses.

Yes, but I can't even begin to wrap my head around why a heterosexual woman would do that.  If she were a lesbian, it wouldn't be right, but it might be understandable.  This phenomenon is just completely strange to me