Author Topic: Inspiring Music?  (Read 63263 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Inspiring Music?
« Reply #475 on: April 07, 2014, 01:39:53 AM »
How Great is Our G-d...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Every Jew AK47

• Master JTFer
  • Am Kahane Chai!
    • Good Music!
« Reply #476 on: April 07, 2014, 02:37:09 AM »
Avraham Fried always brightens up my mood..

Shetita by Avraham Fried

Rak Tefilla , Avraham Fried

« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 07:11:45 AM by EveryJewA44 »
Please keep the Kahanist movement strong and free of internal strife and drama.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #477 on: April 08, 2014, 12:59:38 AM »
EJA44,

I agree that Avraham Fried is a great Jewish talent. I should listen to more of his stuff..

Here is Yehuda Katz, in a song for Passover.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #478 on: April 08, 2014, 02:29:40 AM »

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #479 on: April 08, 2014, 02:41:49 AM »
Im in the mood for a 'Niggun', in no way related to a 'Negah' which we have been reading about in the last two Torah portions...

Did I mention that the same letters in the Hebrew word 'Negah' are the same as in the word 'Oneg'?

Here are some Rabbi Shlomo Katz Niggunim:

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #480 on: April 08, 2014, 03:02:03 AM »

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #481 on: April 08, 2014, 03:12:48 AM »
Ok, so these videos are more about the teachings of Rabbi Shlomo Katz, as learned from Rabbi Shlomo Carlebach in relation to Rabbi Nachmans teachings... He talks on Breslov Day at the Carlebach shul...

Offline Every Jew AK47

• Master JTFer
  • Am Kahane Chai!
    • Good Music!
« Reply #482 on: April 08, 2014, 07:20:06 AM »
The Most Upbeat of the Ashkenazi World:
Avraham Fried - Retzoneinu

Ya'akov Shwekey - Atah Shomer

And from the Sefardi World:
Cancion Sefardic Music Ensemble - Morena

Medieval Sarband Sefardic Music

And from the Mizrachi World:
Moshe Giat - Negila Halleluyah

Zion Golan - Ashorer Shir

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #483 on: April 09, 2014, 01:57:30 AM »

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #484 on: April 09, 2014, 02:04:38 AM »

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #485 on: April 11, 2014, 03:20:09 AM »
The Fountainheads newest Passover song:

Offline Every Jew AK47

• Master JTFer
  • Am Kahane Chai!
    • Good Music!
« Reply #486 on: April 11, 2014, 05:48:36 AM »
Ok, so these videos are more about the teachings of Rabbi Shlomo Katz, as learned from Rabbi Shlomo Carlebach in relation to Rabbi Nachmans teachings... He talks on Breslov Day at the Carlebach shul...

Thanks for the links Muman.. I will have to check out Rabbi Shlomo Katz's music..  I love Avraham Fried.. It's funny, because I am not really into Ashkenazi music, but I put his music on the top of all the music I love, even though Mizrachi and Sefardic music is my real passion.  Avraham Fried is just such an amazing, vibrant and spirit invoking singer he really moves me.  I believe Fried is a Chabadnik..  My previous Chabad Rabbi knew Avraham Fried personally and said he grew up with him.

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #487 on: April 12, 2014, 10:10:28 PM »
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #488 on: April 13, 2014, 01:32:45 AM »
Thanks for the links Muman.. I will have to check out Rabbi Shlomo Katz's music..  I love Avraham Fried.. It's funny, because I am not really into Ashkenazi music, but I put his music on the top of all the music I love, even though Mizrachi and Sefardic music is my real passion.  Avraham Fried is just such an amazing, vibrant and spirit invoking singer he really moves me.  I believe Fried is a Chabadnik..  My previous Chabad Rabbi knew Avraham Fried personally and said he grew up with him.

Shalom & Shavuah Tov...

Yes, Avraham Fried has an interesting story... I found this interview with him:

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #489 on: May 04, 2014, 09:10:19 PM »
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #490 on: May 04, 2014, 11:11:58 PM »

Offline The Noachide

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #491 on: May 04, 2014, 11:47:50 PM »

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #492 on: May 04, 2014, 11:53:05 PM »
Shalom The Noachide,

Thank you... Here is a performance from todays Memorial Day celebrations...

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #493 on: May 08, 2014, 07:38:03 AM »
"I love weddings, drinks all around!"   :::D :::D :::D :::D

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #494 on: June 01, 2014, 09:26:44 PM »
Spiritual Turbulence... Re-popped to the top...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #495 on: June 01, 2014, 09:32:24 PM »

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #496 on: June 01, 2014, 09:46:52 PM »

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #497 on: June 01, 2014, 10:08:21 PM »
One more Howe video and then on to some more serious endeavors...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #498 on: June 06, 2014, 02:38:20 AM »
Shalom,

I was a fan of Phish back in the 90s... My cousin followed them for a year... They just posted a video last month from their new album...

It has a good sound... And some of the lyrics seem very timely to me.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #499 on: June 06, 2014, 02:43:05 AM »
Now I'm in a Phish bowl...