Author Topic: Orthodox Jewish Youth Pray for Syria  (Read 3285 times)

Offline Irish Zionist

• Forum Administrator
  • Ultimate JTFer
    • My zootube channel
Orthodox Jewish Youth Pray for Syria
« on: August 28, 2013, 03:21:01 PM »
They should in my opinion be praying for Syria's destruction.
There are no innocent Syrians, they want to wipe out Israel & if they could they would do it in a heartbeat!

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/171384#.Uh5M2T__jAs
A group of youth involved in the religious-Zionist Bnei Akiva program have started organized prayers on behalf of Syrian civilians who are at risk due to the ongoing civil war in their country. The prayer initiative, which began in Petach Tikva, has now spread to Jewish communities around the world.

Bnei Akiva volunteers who are doing a year of national civilian service in Petach Tikva came up with the idea of coordinating prayers on behalf of innocent Syrians.

While Judaism teaches that any individual can pray to G-d and be heard, prayers said together as a group can have special power. The young volunteers also wished to have a formal prayer to say, in order to ask for divine mercy with the best possible wording.

They asked Rabbi Yuval Cherlow, a leading figure in the religious-Zionist world and the head of the Petach Tikva hesder yeshiva, to help them find the ideal wording for their request for divine assistance for Syrian civilians.

Rabbi Cherlow suggested that Psalm 37 and Psalm 120 would be particularly appropriate for the occasion. Both psalms speak of the plight of the innocent righteous when evil men plot against them.

Rabbi Cherlow also revealed that he has written his own prayer for the Syrian people. He passed it along to the young volunteers, and told them they could share it with others.

The rabbi praised the young volunteers for their initiative.

The secretary-general Danny Hirshberg heard of the initiative and was so inspired by the idea that he decided the movement as a whole should take part. Hirshberg called on Bnei Akiva youth in Israel and around the world, and on the Jewish community as a whole, to say a special prayer in synagogues this Sabbath for Syrian civilians.

“The Israeli public needs to look beyond the screen of hate and enmity to see the pain of those civilians being hurt by the Syrian tyrant,” Hirshberg said.

A translation of Rabbi Cherlow’s prayer:
We turn to You in prayer that You may awaken in the murderers mercy and simple humanity, and the recognition that we were all created in G-d’s image, and that even cruelty has its limits. And that You appear in the world as it is written in Your Torah, ‘Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed; for in the image of God made He man.’
The banding together by the nations of the world against Israel is the guarantee that their time of destruction is near and the final redemption of the Jew at hand.
Rabbi Meir Kahane

Offline Super Mentalita

• Master JTFer
  • Kill 'em all. Let God sort 'em out!
Re: Orthodox Jewish Youth Pray for Syria
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2013, 03:48:59 PM »
Ofcourse there are innocent Syrians... Is it makes me an anti-Semite if I tell you that there are no innocent Jews? Its ridiculous to say something like that!
''At the siege of Vienna in 1683 Islam seemed poised to overrun Christian Europe.
We are in a new phase of a very old war.''

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2013, 04:12:55 PM »
There are innocent Syrians. I am praying for the innocent Syrians to be spared from this.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2013, 04:23:54 PM »
בס''ד

Almost all Syrian Muslims are Nazi scum who want to destroy Israel. Jews who pray for their enemies are sick. Irish Zionist, as usual, you are absolutely right!

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2013, 04:29:58 PM »
בס''ד

Almost all Syrian Muslims are Nazi scum who want to destroy Israel. Jews who pray for their enemies are sick. Irish Zionist, as usual, you are absolutely right!

I do not pray for those who hate Jews. I pray for the innocent righteous Syrians who are caught in a horrible situation.

As you, Chaim, have said previously there are various levels of enemies. Obviously those who seek to kill us are the worst kind of enemy, and there are other enemies who don't want to kill us but rather convert us to their beliefs. Sages have pointed out that those who want to convert us are actually the worst kind of enemy, but even so we must struggle against both kinds of adversaries.

Remember the lesson of Rabbi Meir, of the Talmud, who's wife suggested that he not hate those who chastised and oppressed him but rather he should hate the sin itself (not the sinner). I do believe we can have a positive influence on those around us. I have seen even the most far gone Jew make Teshuva. I have also seen non-Jews become more understanding of our situation by performance of the commandments.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2013, 04:46:37 PM »
I do not pray for those who hate Jews. I pray for the innocent righteous Syrians who are caught in a horrible situation.

As you, Chaim, have said previously there are various levels of enemies. Obviously those who seek to kill us are the worst kind of enemy, and there are other enemies who don't want to kill us but rather convert us to their beliefs. Sages have pointed out that those who want to convert us are actually the worst kind of enemy, but even so we must struggle against both kinds of adversaries.

Remember the lesson of Rabbi Meir, of the Talmud, who's wife suggested that he not hate those who chastised and oppressed him but rather he should hate the sin itself (not the sinner). I do believe we can have a positive influence on those around us. I have seen even the most far gone Jew make Teshuva. I have also seen non-Jews become more understanding of our situation by performance of the commandments.

בס''ד

1. "Innocent righteous Syrians"?! What planet are you living on? Do you have any idea what Syria has sought to do to millions of Israeli Jews for decades? The Syrian people are Nazi scum.

2. The Muslim Nazis who surround tiny Israel want a holocaust - there is no enemy worse than that. That is Amalek.

3. Hating the sin but not the sinner does not refer to Amalekite Nazi mass murderers. Nor does it refer to self-hating Jewish traitors who support them.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2013, 04:57:26 PM »
בס''ד

1. "Innocent righteous Syrians"?! What planet are you living on? Do you have any idea what Syria has sought to do to millions of Israeli Jews for decades? The Syrian people are Nazi scum.

2. The Muslim Nazis who surround tiny Israel want a holocaust - there is no enemy worse than that. That is Amalek.

3. Hating the sin but not the sinner does not refer to Amalekite Nazi mass murderers. Nor does it refer to self-hating Jewish traitors who support them.

I have said numerous time I don't consider those who hate Jews or Israel to be innocent. It is these rodef's I pray to be extinguished every day.

But when small children and women who do not know better are massacred using the most brutal weapons I begin to feel that I must speak out against this apparent wrong.

I fully agree that syria has a history of aggression against our people and our state. And in general I believe your approach is the correct one. But I do believe that murdering those who are innocent is wrong.

Most of the time I fully rejoice when I hear that MB or Alqueda is smashed. I pray to hear more stories like this. But scenes of dead babies and children affect my soul, and this is why I speak out about it. I am not sick, I am not supporting our enemies, I am expressing the hope that one day the world will know peace and there will be no injustice.

Offline Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2013, 05:09:50 PM »
בס''ד

Why are women more innocent than men? You say they don't know what they're doing when they call for genocide against the Jews? That's a lie. In any event, as long as they endanger Jewish lives, they are rodfim.

As far as Muslim children are concerned, they are rodfim. Because when they grow up, they are likely to be Jew-haters and Jew-killers.

The lives of all the Muslims in Syria are not worth the life of a single Jew.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2013, 05:14:57 PM »
בס''ד

Why are women more innocent than men? You say they don't know what they're doing when they call for genocide against the Jews? That's a lie. In any event, as long as they endanger Jewish lives, they are rodfim.

As far as Muslim children are concerned, they are rodfim. Because when they grow up, they are likely to be Jew-haters and Jew-killers.

The lives of all the Muslims in Syria are not worth the life of a single Jew.

I agree on most of what you say. Rodefim are certainly our enemies and we should rejoice their demise. But I don't agree that all those killed last week deserved such a fate. Maybe my opinion will change, but I still feel that we should feel some sadness that this is happening.

Of course it is all in Hashems hands, and in the end his will will be revealed.

Offline Irish Zionist

• Forum Administrator
  • Ultimate JTFer
    • My zootube channel
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2013, 05:25:37 PM »
"but I still feel that we should feel some sadness that this is happening."

I feel no sadness that Arab Muslim Nazi Jew Killing SCUM died like this.

"But I don't agree that all those killed last week deserved such a fate."

They deserve a LOT more than this small chemical attack and I pray that they will.
The banding together by the nations of the world against Israel is the guarantee that their time of destruction is near and the final redemption of the Jew at hand.
Rabbi Meir Kahane

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2013, 05:35:52 PM »
"but I still feel that we should feel some sadness that this is happening."

I feel no sadness that Arab Muslim Nazi Jew Killing SCUM died like this.

"But I don't agree that all those killed last week deserved such a fate."

They deserve a LOT more than this small chemical attack and I pray that they will.

You know this how? You can say that everyone killed deserved it? Are you a prophet, do you speak with Hashem? Only Hashem can judge the hearts of men.

This attack was on a civilian city, not a rebel base, not a unit of Hezbolla or AlQueda. There were people who had no involvement in the civil war nor aggression against Israel. So for what did they deserve this fate?

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2013, 05:41:35 PM »
Does everyone forget that my brother was killed by these nazi bastards? I have skin in the game, so to speak, and I want to see all who were responsible for my brothers murder to burn in gehinnom for eternity.

But I do not blindly hate all those who are born into a muslim country. I target my hatred for those who deserve such. Blind hatred does blind those who harbor it. My efforts are spent on exposing and defeating the ideology of jihad, and the tenets of islam. I do not want all muslims to die, rather I would like them to repent and change their evil ways. If they persist and rise against the Jewish people they should be cut down. But I need evidence that this case (the chemical weapon attack) targeted terrorists and Jew haters. So far I have not seen, aside from the general statement that Syria opposes Israel, that this is the case.

Could someone show me that those killed were Jew haters? Or do you expect me to just assume that is the case because of the history of Syrias government?

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2013, 05:43:24 PM »
Case in point... I work with several Egyptian men. Should I blanketly hate them all because they come from Egypt? Those I work with are Christian (although one may be muslim).

Offline serbian army

• Master JTFer
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2013, 08:38:59 PM »
May God bless this group of Jewish youth. I pray too for my fellow Orthodox Christians and others who are innocent...God will give victory to army which currently defends Christians!! :dance:

Serbia will never surrender Kosovo to the breakaway province's ethnic Albanian majority or trade its territory for European Union or NATO membership,

Offline The Noachide

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2013, 09:02:27 PM »
+1 Muman and SM

Do I despise islam and muslims? Yes. Do I want all 1.6 billion of them dead?.. No

Offline Yotin

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2013, 09:42:24 PM »
I personally know some Syrians who are very pro Israel. Yes, they are Christians and not muslim however they are still Syrians, thus to say ALL Syrians are guilty of Jew hatred is false.
Isaiah 5:20

Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2013, 09:57:04 PM »
בס''ד

If they are not Anti-Semites, they can't be Muslim either. Any real Muslim is by defintion Anti-Semitic. Any few innocent people there are probably Nestorian Christians, if anything.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nestorians

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christianity_in_Syria

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2013, 10:36:13 PM »
I pray that the Syria Muslims will take revenge on the other Syrian Muslims and defend their Islam with "whatever it takes".

They have been shamed and they need to fight each other to the very last man to bring their honor back. Probably their camels can't even look at them right now because of how the other side totally trampled the Koran with their faces and humiliated them. Syrian muslims... fight for revenge against the other Muslims no matter which side you are on! They totally shamed you.

I mean... there are a LOT of virgins in heaven at stake here!
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2013, 10:39:41 PM »
They should in my opinion be praying for Syria's destruction.
There are no innocent Syrians, they want to wipe out Israel & if they could they would do it in a heartbeat!

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/171384#.Uh5M2T__jAs
A group of youth involved in the religious-Zionist Bnei Akiva program have started organized prayers on behalf of Syrian civilians who are at risk due to the ongoing civil war in their country. The prayer initiative, which began in Petach Tikva, has now spread to Jewish communities around the world.

Bnei Akiva volunteers who are doing a year of national civilian service in Petach Tikva came up with the idea of coordinating prayers on behalf of innocent Syrians.

While Judaism teaches that any individual can pray to G-d and be heard, prayers said together as a group can have special power. The young volunteers also wished to have a formal prayer to say, in order to ask for divine mercy with the best possible wording.

They asked Rabbi Yuval Cherlow, a leading figure in the religious-Zionist world and the head of the Petach Tikva hesder yeshiva, to help them find the ideal wording for their request for divine assistance for Syrian civilians.

Rabbi Cherlow suggested that Psalm 37 and Psalm 120 would be particularly appropriate for the occasion. Both psalms speak of the plight of the innocent righteous when evil men plot against them.

Rabbi Cherlow also revealed that he has written his own prayer for the Syrian people. He passed it along to the young volunteers, and told them they could share it with others.

The rabbi praised the young volunteers for their initiative.

The secretary-general Danny Hirshberg heard of the initiative and was so inspired by the idea that he decided the movement as a whole should take part. Hirshberg called on Bnei Akiva youth in Israel and around the world, and on the Jewish community as a whole, to say a special prayer in synagogues this Sabbath for Syrian civilians.

“The Israeli public needs to look beyond the screen of hate and enmity to see the pain of those civilians being hurt by the Syrian tyrant,” Hirshberg said.

A translation of Rabbi Cherlow’s prayer:
We turn to You in prayer that You may awaken in the murderers mercy and simple humanity, and the recognition that we were all created in G-d’s image, and that even cruelty has its limits. And that You appear in the world as it is written in Your Torah, ‘Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed; for in the image of God made He man.’

Of course, who else but Rabbi Cherlow.   Absolutely no self-respect among this crowd.  They make religious zionism look like sacrilegious cryin'ism.

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2013, 10:41:48 PM »
I pray that the Syria Muslims will take revenge on the other Syrian Muslims and defend their Islam with "whatever it takes".

They have been shamed and they need to fight each other to the very last man to bring their honor back. Probably their camels can't even look at them right now because of how the other side totally trampled the Koran with their faces and humiliated them. Syrian muslims... fight for revenge against the other Muslims no matter which side you are on! They totally shamed you.

I mean... there are a LOT of virgins in heaven at stake here!

:clap:

Offline kyel

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2013, 11:21:43 PM »
Not all Syrians are Muslims. There are still Christians who speak Aramaic in Syria, Kurds, etc....even Alawites are not Muslims and are a secular people who probabbly could have made peace with Israel decades ago if the republic wasn't Arab and Islamic

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2013, 11:29:14 PM »
I don't think any Syrians pray for jews, why would jews pray for Syria? They sure didn't care about their Jewish population ...my dads family left Latakia for good reason.

Also the only people they would remotely be against the Syrians is possible the Assyrians, the Assyrians and Syrians are not the same thing, however Assyrians live in Syria and Iraq and many are Chaldean or Christian, the problem is that many Assyrians happen to also hate Jews, I don't think we should involve ourselves in Syrians affairs, they seem to be preoccupied killing each other.

Offline Yehudayaakov

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2013, 01:17:50 AM »
You're right Chaim, don't show mercy because if  you show mercy you shall not receive ...

Offline Super Mentalita

• Master JTFer
  • Kill 'em all. Let God sort 'em out!
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2013, 06:48:07 AM »
The Christians are the biggest victems in the Middle-east at this moment.
''At the siege of Vienna in 1683 Islam seemed poised to overrun Christian Europe.
We are in a new phase of a very old war.''

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2013, 07:10:23 AM »
I think by the exact same logic these nebechs would have prayed for the life of the German citizens under attack by allied air raids during WW2.