Author Topic: Rabbi Mizrachi is not cool anymore  (Read 9983 times)

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
Rabbi Mizrachi is not cool anymore
« on: November 06, 2014, 06:47:07 AM »
First he attacks Rabbi Glick for being "Zionist", and now he makes a video talking about how so many problems will happen with the price of gas and Hezbollah if we stop Iran from nuking us. Very disillusioned.
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Rabbi Mizrachi is not cool anymore
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2014, 10:12:25 AM »
He has never been that cool to begin with. But trashing Yehuda Glick while he lies in critical condition, having nearly been assassinated al kidush hashem, that's just appalling.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2014, 10:33:13 AM »
He has never been that cool to begin with. But trashing Yehuda Glick while he lies in critical condition, having nearly been assassinated al kidush hashem, that's just appalling.

I didn't hear him trashing the Rabbi. LKZ you would have to point to the exact video and time. I said this before he is definitely not a Kahanist but let's not claim that he trashed R' Glick because I didn't see such a thing. If you claim otherwise you would have to point to it.
 Point out both instances if you think he said it. I would like to hear what you mean exactly.
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2014, 11:19:21 AM »
Fair enough. I should retract my statement until I see an exact quote.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2014, 04:29:42 PM »
From what I read what he says about Glick is not trashing but it is inaccurate. Glick is not the mamlachti type that sanctifies the state of Israel. Besides the logic is pretty flawed. If Glick should have kept silence rather then "risk Jewish life" by aggravating Arabs, then Mizrachi himself must also shut his own mouth. Mizrachi said more enough criticism of Islam and Arabs to "earn" himself a fatwah on his head.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2014, 04:40:20 PM »
3:45-4:00, says that it's "modern orthodox" that go up to the temple, and that taking a tour of the temple is a bad idea.

4:15 talking about Glick implying he's "one of those Zionists" he has plenty of comments against.

This guy is not going to unite anyone.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2014, 05:03:03 PM »
Where does he talk about Hezbollah and gas prices? (and iran) ?

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2014, 05:04:01 PM »
3:45-4:00, says that it's "modern orthodox" that go up to the temple, and that taking a tour of the temple is a bad idea.
It is a valid point. There are rabbis who forbid entering the temple mount altogether. Rishonim haven't forbade it, some of them probably went up there themselves. Achronim haven't forbade it as well. The muslims are the ones who forbade infidels from entering the temple mount. Only later in 1853 when it reopened for western visitors due to European pressure, the local rabbis decided to shut it down for Jews.  Nevertheless halachicly it is valid to say Jews shouldn't enter the temple mount.

4:15 talking about Glick implying he's "one of those Zionists" he has plenty of comments against.
This guy is not going to unite anyone.
That's where Mizrachi is incorrect. Glick quit his government cushy job after the expulsion because he said his conscience couldn't let him serve in the administration of a country that commits such a crime against its own citizens. So he is not mamlachti who thinks the state is holly.

Also why Mizrachi himself walk out of his armored pop mobile without bullet proof vest. He said enough things to enrage Arabs too.

Offline kyel

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2014, 12:42:06 AM »
I have seen another video (Talmud series number 4 or something, sorry I like using exact sources but am not going to point at this time) where he says the Zionists were bad people and communists or something. I think he has a hard time distinguishing between the historical communist Zionists and the religious Zionists. The one thing I have to say about the "communist" Zionists traits is at least they were willing to work for the Land instead of this modern mentality that you can survive off welfare and donations and money falling from the sky. Hashem helps those who help themselves.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2014, 04:24:05 AM »
I have seen another video (Talmud series number 4 or something, sorry I like using exact sources but am not going to point at this time) where he says the Zionists were bad people and communists or something. I think he has a hard time distinguishing between the historical communist Zionists and the religious Zionists. The one thing I have to say about the "communist" Zionists traits is at least they were willing to work for the Land instead of this modern mentality that you can survive off welfare and donations and money falling from the sky. Hashem helps those who help themselves.

I think he knows the difference and doesn't distinguish much. He's attacking the whole Dati Leumi, and he goes for the secular leftists too, and as much as he says that "knitted kippah guys can be big tzadikim", he says "the whole ideology is rotten", and then he goes on to misrepresent it, and ends up calling them modern orthodox.

Tag, it's another video he posted on his facebook, where he bemoans all the problems that would come from keeping Israel from nuclear genocide.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2014, 04:37:33 AM »
I think it's like that thing where he says he doesn't ask for donations and spends twice that time saying how much good he can do with your donations, and now he wants people to join his thing, so instead of just saying "join the black hat club", he attacks other groups people who hear his message might consider. Could be wrong, I've been wrong before.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2014, 04:48:06 AM »
He has never been that cool to begin with.

I decide when something or someone is or isn't cool.

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2014, 02:14:49 PM »
From what I read what he says about Glick is not trashing but it is inaccurate. Glick is not the mamlachti type that sanctifies the state of Israel. Besides the logic is pretty flawed. If Glick should have kept silence rather then "risk Jewish life" by aggravating Arabs, then Mizrachi himself must also shut his own mouth. Mizrachi said more enough criticism of Islam and Arabs to "earn" himself a fatwah on his head.

This.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2014, 02:18:48 PM »
It is a valid point. There are rabbis who forbid entering the temple mount altogether. Rishonim haven't forbade it, some of them probably went up there themselves. Achronim haven't forbade it as well. The muslims are the ones who forbade infidels from entering the temple mount. Only later in 1853 when it reopened for western visitors due to European pressure, the local rabbis decided to shut it down for Jews.  Nevertheless halachicly it is valid to say Jews shouldn't enter the temple mount.

But, (and this is what the haredi world ignores and misleads people on) it is also halachically valid to say Jews can enter the Temple Mount as there are prominent rabbanim who permit it.   More than that, new information has come to light since the time the "ban" was first issued, where we now know much more about the exact locations on the Mount and what areas are truly forbidden to access.
This is of course not to say that those rabbanim would today change their ruling based on newly unearthed facts (because I think it's politically charged issue and they would find a way to ignore the new facts - for many reasons - to still ban it), but it gives quite a bit of credence to those rabbanim ruling otherwise.   Halacha does not go by "gedolim" or fiat or majority despite what know-nothings may claim about it.

Halacha going by "majority" refers to when the Sanhedrin decided a case (we do not have one), and it was a Talmudic dictum sometimes employed for deciding a sugiya.   It has nothing to do with post-talmudic and aharonic/present-day generating of psak.   

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2014, 06:26:28 PM »
It's complete hypocricy to use the "majority win" argument by the same sects that only blindly follow whatever their rebbes tell them to do matter what.
But, (and this is what the haredi world ignores and misleads people on) it is also halachically valid to say Jews can enter the Temple Mount as there are prominent rabbanim who permit it.   More than that, new information has come to light since the time the "ban" was first issued, where we now know much more about the exact locations on the Mount and what areas are truly forbidden to access.
This is of course not to say that those rabbanim would today change their ruling based on newly unearthed facts (because I think it's politically charged issue and they would find a way to ignore the new facts - for many reasons - to still ban it), but it gives quite a bit of credence to those rabbanim ruling otherwise.   Halacha does not go by "gedolim" or fiat or majority despite what know-nothings may claim about it.

Halacha going by "majority" refers to when the Sanhedrin decided a case (we do not have one), and it was a Talmudic dictum sometimes employed for deciding a sugiya.   It has nothing to do with post-talmudic and aharonic/present-day generating of psak.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2014, 06:29:43 PM »
It's complete hypocricy to use the "majority win" argument by the same sects that only blindly follow whatever their rebbes tell them to do matter what.

Well, yes of course, that is also true.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2014, 11:12:21 PM »
Who would ever think he was 'cool'?

I listen to what he says and apply it to what I know. I do not take the word of one rabbi as gospel. I listen to what the majority interpretation of the idea is before forming my own understanding of the idea. Sometimes rabbis say things which fall outside of what we accept and this is a given that I will not agree 100% with every rabbi I listen to. Do I disparage the rabbi? Unless they are saying something completely out of the realm of reason I allow for differences of opinions.

For this reason I do not reject rabbis who do not embrace Kahanism, nor even nationalism. I did not listen to this discussion which is in dispute but I must say Rabbi Mizrachi has said many things I strongly disagree with (especially his opinion on Breslev going to Uman) and I do not throw him away and denigrate his character.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline kahaneloyalist

• Master JTFer
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2014, 02:26:11 AM »
One small correction, Glick resigned before the Hitnatkut. He was one of the only people working for the government who did so.
"For it is through the mercy of fools that all Justice is lost"
Ramban

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2014, 10:58:32 AM »
He goes on about how "knitted kippha" guys like those who ascend the temple is not full Judaism. The real Jews want to leave the temple to clitoris-cutters then.

Rabbi Mizrachi was cool. He schooled that pastor. That got him a book of ghetto passes, which he looses now that he attacks a good Rabbi.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2014, 01:17:18 PM »
He goes on about how "knitted kippha" guys like those who ascend the temple is not full Judaism. The real Jews want to leave the temple to clitoris-cutters then.

Rabbi Mizrachi was cool. He schooled that pastor. That got him a book of ghetto passes, which he looses now that he attacks a good Rabbi.

He said these things before as well. I don't see how what he said now is much different then what he said earlier. I warned precisely on this- when their is pressure (or not even pressure but words said by "higher ups" from the Haredi sector) it gets trickled down and then repeated.
  Their is a shift to the right at least somewhat, but like I was saying earlier their still is this "Gedolim" problem and somewhat galuti mentality that still permeated.
 This is why its very important not to give in to Haredim and to support them going to the army and to being exposed to other influences besides their little ghettoes. Think long term, Haredim in army is one of the best policies to get them off this.

Offline kyel

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2014, 04:38:03 PM »
OK, I really hate to be speaking what may be Lashon Hara but why is his latest video 30 minutes about seances they performed on dead israeli soldiers in hell? I don't think Jews should be trusting seances or other Torah prohibitions especially since we find that a lot of times when people do these things they are just making things up, and I don't want to be influenced negatively by listening to this. Seances are things that the witches in Africa and so called "wiccans" in America do not Jews and Jews who are performing these things should not be trusted and may be liable for death for performing witchcraft (from my understanding)

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2014, 09:07:05 PM »
OK, I really hate to be speaking what may be Lashon Hara but why is his latest video 30 minutes about seances they performed on dead israeli soldiers in hell? I don't think Jews should be trusting seances or other Torah prohibitions especially since we find that a lot of times when people do these things they are just making things up, and I don't want to be influenced negatively by listening to this. Seances are things that the witches in Africa and so called "wiccans" in America do not Jews and Jews who are performing these things should not be trusted and may be liable for death for performing witchcraft (from my understanding)
:o

Wow.  That is really wrong.  This is one of the reasons I don't watch his videos. 
There is plenty of deep Torah out there which is compatible with the Kahanist approach and that also does not involve seances

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2014, 03:29:44 AM »
   He said these things before as well. I don't see how what he said now is much different then what he said earlier. I warned precisely on this- when their is pressure (or not even pressure but words said by "higher ups" from the Haredi sector) it gets trickled down and then repeated.
  Their is a shift to the right at least somewhat, but like I was saying earlier their still is this "Gedolim" problem and somewhat galuti mentality that still permeated.
 This is why its very important not to give in to Haredim and to support them going to the army and to being exposed to other influences besides their little ghettoes. Think long term, Haredim in army is one of the best policies to get them off this.

Because I'd like Hashem to have a temple on earth. It's my ox now.

From what I've come to see and hear from members, I'm inclined to agree with you (did you know some of these guys don't learn math until a later age? What exactly are they learning?), however the solution is really just wiping off a little poop off something in a pile of poop that is the secular laws. There should be a Sanhedrin to make them learn a lot and participate and not be ghetto-minded, and citizen reserves should be the only recruitment outside of salaried soldiers. You're twisting a twisted system to solve one problem that will create more. However, all on the scales, right now, what is a better choice? I already gave my opinion on your rationale, but I'm not cheering the secular government on for it, because they'll scheme in any space you leave them, and they'll get away with more if people aren't watching them.