Author Topic: Football should be banned  (Read 16429 times)

Erica

Re: Football should be banned
« Reply #75 on: September 03, 2007, 03:13:38 AM »
Negro is a proper and scientific racial category.  Look up the word in the dictionary, it's not an offensive word some people just use it in an offensive way.  It's sort of like the word "Jew".  Some people choose to use it as a negative term and some people think it's inappropriate to call someone a "Jew" but it's actually proper.
So I should be angry, or complain about the connotation of the word, rather than the word itself? Its amazing. I can't discern which is which nowadays on this forum. The way that people use the words toward me is never favorable.

newman

« Reply #76 on: September 03, 2007, 03:17:09 AM »
(which translates that white people are supposedly more civilized than blacks).

Sorry, whites are more civilised.

Look at black countries then look at white countries.

I rest my case.

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #77 on: September 03, 2007, 03:19:44 AM »

I rest my case.

Haha, that was one of the most concise, effective, and convincing arguments I've ever seen.
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

-Excerpt from The Haj by Leon Uris

Erica

« Reply #78 on: September 03, 2007, 03:20:15 AM »

I rest my case.
...then, look at you and me. I'm a lot more civilized than you are...and I'm black. Does that make you less of a person? In my eyes.. no, but then that depends on who you ask.

newman

« Reply #79 on: September 03, 2007, 03:22:29 AM »

I rest my case.
...then, look at you and me. I'm a lot more civilized than you are...and I'm black. Does that make you less of a person? In my eyes.. no, but then that depends on who you ask.
You're not 'more civilised' than me. You're black.

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #80 on: September 03, 2007, 03:24:41 AM »
Never use the exception to the rule as an argumentative tactic.  That's a bad way to go.
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

-Excerpt from The Haj by Leon Uris

Erica

« Reply #81 on: September 03, 2007, 03:26:01 AM »

I rest my case.
So because my skin is darker than yours, I'm not civilized? Man. lol So just by virtue (or curse) ::) of being black, I also get to be uncivilized? What say you about white people who act the same way? Are they black also? LMAO

Erica

« Reply #82 on: September 03, 2007, 03:27:20 AM »
Never use the exception to the rule as an argumentative tactic.  That's a bad way to go.
Actually its not a bad tactic. One ethnicity can't be bad all by themselves. lol That just doesn't make sense.

newman

« Reply #83 on: September 03, 2007, 03:29:43 AM »

So because my skin is darker than yours, I'm not civilized? Man. lol So just by virtue (or curse) ::) of being black, I also get to be uncivilized? What say you about white people who act the same way? Are they black also? LMAO

We tell those sort of white people that they're behaving like negroes.

newman

« Reply #84 on: September 03, 2007, 03:32:29 AM »
Actually its not a bad tactic. One ethnicity can't be bad all by themselves. lol That just doesn't make sense.

He means (for example);

Pointing out the 1 in 1,000 africans who own a Rolls Royce is not an argument against the demonstrable fact that MOST africans are poor.

Erica

« Reply #85 on: September 03, 2007, 03:35:37 AM »

We tell those sort of white people that they're behaving like schvartzas.
That sounds very COUNTER-productive.::)

Erica

« Reply #86 on: September 03, 2007, 03:38:40 AM »

He means (for example);

Pointing out the 1 in 1,000 africans who own a Rolls Royce is not an argument against the demonstrable fact that MOST africans are poor.
Because we MUST capitalize on how poor the majority of Africans are, right...because there are SO MANY ::). Well, I can account for most of the Africans I see on television (World Vision- Feed the Children...) who are poor, but I don't know the rest of them who may or may not be poor. Its a shame that our society we're more "what You see is what you get" than anything else. The glass is ALWAYS half empty.

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #87 on: September 03, 2007, 10:41:59 AM »

I rest my case.

So you're saying that "black" is an antonym to "civilized"? That's definitely gotta be a new low in one of the most [censored] racist remarks I've ever seen anyone say!

raiseyourfist

« Reply #88 on: September 03, 2007, 10:49:18 AM »
How did this discussion get from banning football... to banning blacks

THE COLOUR OF SOMEONE'S SKIN HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH BEING MORE CIVILIZED

Cmon Newman your one of our best members... so don't say stupid things Erica is not less civilized than you just because of the colour of skin... Her and the dark folk just have greatly different opinions, culture and history...

For the most part we have a problem with them but lets not try and pin their beliefs and make wild assumptions that she feels the same way as these ebonic schvartas...

YOUR BETTER THAN THAT ... DONT PLAY THE RACIST GAME

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #89 on: September 03, 2007, 10:50:38 AM »
I just hate it when people play the race card on everything.

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #90 on: September 03, 2007, 10:51:15 AM »
Negro is a proper and scientific racial category.  Look up the word in the dictionary, it's not an offensive word some people just use it in an offensive way.  It's sort of like the word "Jew".  Some people choose to use it as a negative term and some people think it's inappropriate to call someone a "Jew" but it's actually proper.

Negro is a term that used to be used as well as the term "darkies" which didn't necessarily have a negative connotation. But the connotation and acceptibility have changed now. It can be confusing as to what the appropriate or politically correct term to use is. I'm reminded of an episode of Boston Legal where Harvey Lipschultz (Fyvush Finkel's character) was talking about how the term used to be negroe. Then it was colored. Then these terms weren't acceptible. Then it was blacks. Now it's African American. Why not just say colored black negroe African Americans? Everyone in the room rolled their eyes and was in complete shock, including the union rep. I cracked up laughing when he said this.

The work "Jew" is okay to use as long as it's used as a noun, eg. "One of my best friends is a Jew." But it's NOT okay to use "Jew" as a verb as in "He Jewed me down to the lowest price." That's antisemetic.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2007, 10:53:43 AM by Daniel »

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #91 on: September 03, 2007, 05:40:12 PM »
Trying to find a white person in football, is like trying to find a black person in hockey.

newman

« Reply #92 on: September 03, 2007, 05:49:44 PM »
Trying to find a white person in football, is like trying to find a black person in hockey.

Or in a swim team. ;D

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #93 on: September 03, 2007, 07:13:24 PM »

Nah, there are white people in football, but always found it interesting how there are no blacks in hockey. Just comes to show that not everything is forcing integration.

Isn't it interesting in the NBA, all the players are black while all observing in the stands are white, just like the Republican National Convention ;)

kellymaureen

« Reply #94 on: September 03, 2007, 07:22:12 PM »
There are a few blacks in hockey, Jerome Iginla and Mike Grier are a couple of current players, but there are very very few for sure, I heard it was because their ankles were too weak for the skating but not sure if thats the truth :laugh:

newman

« Reply #95 on: September 03, 2007, 07:23:44 PM »
There are a few blacks in hockey, Jerome Iginla and Mike Grier are a couple of current players, but there are very very few for sure, I heard it was because their ankles were too weak for the skating but not sure if thats the truth :laugh:

No.

There terrified of swimming so they're worried about the ice melting.

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #96 on: September 03, 2007, 07:35:54 PM »

This must have been caused by them tripping and falling when they laughed hysterically at how ridiculous and nerdy those white boys looked when they got into their fights pulling the shirts over each others' heads :) Now ya know, you'd never see a brotha fighting like that  :laugh:

newman

« Reply #97 on: September 03, 2007, 07:41:46 PM »

This must have been caused by them tripping and falling when they laughed hysterically at how ridiculous and nerdy those white boys looked when they got into their fights pulling the shirts over each others' heads :) Now ya know, you'd never see a brotha fighting like that  :laugh:

Yeah....

The jigs would shoot or stab each other over a minor disagreement.

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #98 on: September 03, 2007, 07:43:58 PM »

No.

There terrified of swimming so they're worried about the ice melting.

Nah, it's gotta be cuz they don't serve any fried chicken or watermelon at the games and the penalty boxes would have to be greatly expanded. Tripping and cross checking would be replaced with frontin and poppin da [censored]. They would mistake five for fighting with five years and the ice would be empty the entire game. Of course, I'm being tongue and cheek here, even though I'm sure some of you would be serious about this :)

Offline takebackourtemple

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
  • May this be the year that the temple is liberated.
« Reply #99 on: September 03, 2007, 07:54:57 PM »
You have my vote on banning it.
Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?