Author Topic: jtf forum working on the Sabbath?  (Read 34067 times)

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: jtf forum working on the Sabbath?
« Reply #225 on: September 19, 2007, 01:35:17 PM »
According to me if the computer is on all the time and you use it on Sabbath then you are still violating the Sabbath for the reasons discussed above.  Namely, there are network lights, hard drive lights and keyboard lights blinking when you use it that would not blink at all if you do not use the computer and it is simply on.  Also, the computer goes into standby when you don't use it for a while and the monitors CRT turns off and it goes into a sleep state.  The computers hard drive also turns off and goes into a sleep state.  When you use the computer, the CRT goes out of standby and turns on (thus turning on the CRT and usually another LED turns on which is a differnt color) and the computers hard drive turns back on (which may use a brushed motor and definitely turns on a hard drive indicator light).  Also, on all laptops and on several desktop computer models, the CPU fan is controlled by a variable speed motor that ups the speed of the motor when the CPU is being heavily used and downs the speed of the motor when the CPU is not being used as much.  There are too many issues that you are probably violating the Sabbath even if the computer is on.  Even if you tell me that LEDs are probably not the same as light bulbs and you are sure all the lights on your computer are LEDs then you at least have to adjust the power settings of your computer so that the hard drive never turns off and it never goes into standby and it never brings the monitor into standby, and you have to do research if you have a speed variable motor on your CPU.  Then maybee you won't be violating the Sabbath Biblically but I wouldn't take that risk.

my point was not that i disagreed with your amusing scientific knowledge about computers. It was irregardless...if it is left on AND there was no screen saver, (and assuming nobody is typing anything or doing anything that can be disputed as un-Shabbat), shabbat is not being violated...likewise a TV or a radio.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #226 on: September 19, 2007, 01:41:45 PM »
Anything that happens once in 70 years is not exactly what any normal person would call a common practice.  When Rabbi Akiva spoke about a court being murderous if they killed people more than once in seventy years, he was including all crimes punishable by the death penalty, even murderers.  And unlike some people in this forum, the Talmudic Rabbis were far more likely to kill murderers than sabbath violators.   Remember, they valued ethical, moral behavior, not using the Jewish Task Force forum as a means by which to advocate mass murdering all Jews.  I deliberately say All, because all Jews have violated the Sabbath in one way or another at some time in their lives.

And by the way, what I am saying IS the Torah view.  Those who claim to represent the Torah yet advocate murdering Jews for switching on a light on Shabbat, are really islamofascist wannabes thinly disguised.

do yourself a big favor and stop with your ranting. What your opposition has stated is laws- from various places. + to go on a public forum and say what you are saying and the way you are saying it- trying to make Shabb-t observence a minimal thing, and changing the words of the Torah (and persisting after you have been proven wronge time after time) is an even worse sin (you can lead others to sin by trying to show them that its not a big deal, everyone does it and whateva else you are saying).
 -No one here ever said that he will take the law into his own hands and go and kill a Shabb-t desecrator, as I stated before that "zealot" would be concidered a murderer 100%. BUT its also wronge for you to say that the courts never did it, and everything else you said -becuase if their was the complete Sanhedrin today and they would have cases today they would still be obligated to make the case procedure etc and decide (according to Jewish law)
- what you are repitidly saying is a reformist view, I hope Jews who read it can learn a lot about what not to do.
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #227 on: September 19, 2007, 01:46:16 PM »
I would also like to add that any Jew who did violate Shabb-t (when I was younge and the way I was brought up -I also did), can make a full repentence and be concidered rightious, etc. -even if a Jew says today- I accept the Shabb-t - G-d and his laws are right- and tomorrow (G-d forbid) he dies- when he's takin to the heavenly court G-d will concider him to have been keeping the Shabb-t and being rightious. -its never too late in this world, but we shouldn't (myself included) kid around with G-d's laws and minimize the damage we can couse ourselves (G-d forbid).
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Offline JewishTeddyBear

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #228 on: September 19, 2007, 01:46:39 PM »
No, I am not ranting, and no, I am not reformist.  I am representing true Orthodox Judaism of more than 3,300 years of tradition.  I have studied that tradition for more than four decades of my life from some of the most prominent Rabbis in the world.  It is those who zealously anticipate murdering all Jews for violating the Sabbath, that are desecrating G-d's name, and resemble islamofascists far more than any authentic Torah Jew.

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #229 on: September 19, 2007, 01:50:42 PM »
No, I am not ranting, and no, I am not reformist.  I am representing true Orthodox Judaism of more than 3,300 years of tradition.  I have studied that tradition for more than four decades of my life from some of the most prominent Rabbis in the world.  It is those who zealously anticipate murdering all Jews for violating the Sabbath, that are desecrating G-d's name, and resemble islamofascists far more than any authentic Torah Jew.

no one is anticipating killing Jews- please put the ego aside and deal with the issue. Its not us who are desecrating G-d's name, but you with that misinterpretation. -instead of spending your energy at coming with counter arguments it would be better to spend it by strenthening your Emuna and learning the laws.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2007, 02:06:41 PM by Tzvi Ben Roshel »

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #230 on: September 19, 2007, 01:55:26 PM »
If you no one could break Shabbat, then everyone would keep it. Therefore, this forum should be blocked on Shabbat.

When I get married, I will keep Shabbat because my wife will be religious. If my whole household is Shomer Shabbat, so will I. But taking away the stumbling blocks that prevent people from keeping Shabbat is a step in the right direction.

1-agreed
2-Thats a wronge thing to do for us bachelors, we should start doing the proper corrections now and also contine all of our lives. I sent you the video's dating and Marriage by Rav Daniel Kohen- please watch it a couple of times and understand the wisdom he offers on this subject.  -You said you will keep after you get married- but maybe what will keep you from being married is the fact that you dont keep something. - Its important for all of us to do now and not be dependent on someone (even your future wife).
« Last Edit: September 19, 2007, 02:09:13 PM by Tzvi Ben Roshel »

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
« Reply #231 on: September 19, 2007, 02:23:44 PM »
If you no one could break Shabbat, then everyone would keep it. Therefore, this forum should be blocked on Shabbat.

Yacov, that is not a bad idea at all. The more I think about it, the more sense it makes. We do this on the Hebrew forum.

I just wish there was a way to allow gentiles to continue to post since they are not obligated.
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

Offline JewishTeddyBear

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #232 on: September 19, 2007, 02:25:49 PM »
What should be blocked are people who hide behind their wrong conception of Judaism as an excuse to be cruel to their fellow Jews.  More and more, I see this website is really not for proud Jews at all, but rather for mean people who never get tired of spreading their cruelty.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #233 on: September 19, 2007, 02:30:48 PM »
What should be blocked are people who hide behind their wrong conception of Judaism as an excuse to be cruel to their fellow Jews.  More and more, I see this website is really not for proud Jews at all, but rather for mean people who never get tired of spreading their cruelty.

I think you're wrong...simply because I"m not one of those people and nor are a bunch of others here...watch what you say for now on because now I have my eye on you..>I'm not liking what you are saying anymore because now you are sounding very intolerant and immature.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #234 on: September 19, 2007, 02:33:34 PM »

Yacov, that is not a bad idea at all. The more I think about it, the more sense it makes. We do this on the Hebrew forum.

I just wish there was a way to allow gentiles to continue to post since they are not obligated.

Whats the big deal if people dont go on once a week? okay, gentiles wont be on 1 time a week, whats the big deal? If you say it will be bad for the movement- then they can do other things- ex- the youtube campaign.
Even if their is an argument that it will hurt the movement (which it wont) Chaim said that if their is a conflict between the interests of the Jewish people and of the JTF movement the interests of the Jewish people takes and will take precedence.
- also look at the opportunity the movement can have by closing the forum on Shabbat - it will be a Kiddush Hashe-m letting Jews know the importance of Shabb-t and that we dont dare to play around with this issue - then maybe with this and other things some Jews who are on the border can think to themselves and come to be completly Shomer Shabb-t. -and if this is thanx to JTf or anyone here or anyone anywhere - you cant image the great reward in Olam Haba that awaits that person (if you want proof please state so- I will bring you the source).
« Last Edit: September 19, 2007, 02:38:11 PM by Tzvi Ben Roshel »

Offline JewishTeddyBear

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #235 on: September 19, 2007, 02:33:49 PM »
you are intolerant, immature, and are in no position to tell me what i am allowed to say or not allowed to say.  and if you dont like it, then go move to north korea, where censorship is celebrated.

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
« Reply #236 on: September 19, 2007, 02:34:05 PM »
And by the way, what I am saying IS the Torah view.  Those who claim to represent the Torah yet advocate murdering Jews for switching on a light on Shabbat, are really islamofascist wannabes thinly disguised.

Who in here is advocating killing Jews?? Only the high courts could make this type of decision. People can't just go around killing Jews, G-d forbid! That would be murder. If the courts decide to have someone put to death, this is NOT murder.

I will, however quote G-d (not a man) speaking from the actual Torah to show you the severity of this sin:

Exodus 31:14: 'Observe the Sabbath, because it is holy to you. Anyone who desecrates it must be put to death; whoever does any work on that day must be cut off from his people.

If you argue with this, then you are not referencing the Torah or representing true Orthodox Judaism of more than 3,300 years of tradition.
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

Offline JewishTeddyBear

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #237 on: September 19, 2007, 02:38:00 PM »
You are obviously not really reading what I am saying, so there is no point in my repeating the same points over and over again.  But I come away with this knowing that I do represent the Torah perspective, while you are advocating that Jews become no different from the murderous islamofascist savages.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #238 on: September 19, 2007, 02:38:38 PM »
you are intolerant, immature, and are in no position to tell me what i am allowed to say or not allowed to say.  and if you dont like it, then go move to north korea, where censorship is celebrated.

JTB, you have gone from smart and normal to crazy and dumb and not using his head....like 180 degrees...I dont' know if i shoudl pity you right now and recommend you seek some professional help or to recommend your banning on this forum...

Offline JewishTeddyBear

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #239 on: September 19, 2007, 02:41:54 PM »
dannyCookie is stupid, insane, crazy, dumb, brainless, idiot, and moronic, needing professional help and banning on this forum...

Offline Dexter

• Master JTFer
  • צֶדֶק צֶדֶק, תִּרְדֹּף
« Reply #240 on: September 19, 2007, 02:42:41 PM »
Your posts are getting original as the time pasts  :laugh:
Not a foreign land we took and not with foreign possession but a land that belong to our ancestors that was occupied without a trial. And when we had the opportunity, we took our land back.
-Shimon Maccabee's answer to Antiochus VII Sidetes.

"When fighting monsters, be wary not to become one... When you gaze into the abyss, it also gazes into you."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline JewishTeddyBear

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #241 on: September 19, 2007, 02:43:41 PM »
dexter has no originality, nor apparently a daddy to give him the good spanking that brat deserves

Offline HiWarp

• Master JTFer
« Reply #242 on: September 19, 2007, 02:49:09 PM »
Quote from: JewishTeddyBear link=topic=8786.msg87860#msg87860 date=
dexter has no originality, nor apparently a daddy to give him the good spanking that brat deserves
You are obviously either a schizophrenic or someone has hacked JTB's acount.
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny;
when the government fears the people, there is liberty.”
---Thomas Jefferson

Offline JewishTeddyBear

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #243 on: September 19, 2007, 02:50:29 PM »
hiWarp is obviously schizophrenic and not a real Jew or even a decent human being

Offline Dexter

• Master JTFer
  • צֶדֶק צֶדֶק, תִּרְדֹּף
« Reply #244 on: September 19, 2007, 02:51:11 PM »
hiWarp is obviously schizophrenic and not a real Jew or even a decent human being
HiWarp is a Christian  :P
Not a foreign land we took and not with foreign possession but a land that belong to our ancestors that was occupied without a trial. And when we had the opportunity, we took our land back.
-Shimon Maccabee's answer to Antiochus VII Sidetes.

"When fighting monsters, be wary not to become one... When you gaze into the abyss, it also gazes into you."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #245 on: September 19, 2007, 02:51:51 PM »
something's up...and we're gonna figure it out. If this wasn't JTB this whole time, you better believe something bad will coming your way...

Offline HiWarp

• Master JTFer
« Reply #246 on: September 19, 2007, 02:52:51 PM »
Yes, I am very indecent.  By the way, make sure you go back to the "sports" thread and tell me what an idiot I am for not bowing down and worshiping the juiced up Barry Bonds.
---Thomas Jefferson

Offline JewishTeddyBear

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #247 on: September 19, 2007, 02:54:21 PM »
hiWarp is just an idiot, period.  and that hardly surprises me that he is a JESUS freak, since JESUS is for people with low IQ's anyway.

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #248 on: September 19, 2007, 02:55:15 PM »
Please Read this important post.

Quote from: jeffguy on Today at 02:23:44 PM
Quote from: Yacov Menashe Ben Rachamim on Today at 01:43:20 PM

MY response

Whats the big deal if people dont go on once a week? okay, gentiles wont be on 1 time a week, whats the big deal? If you say it will be bad for the movement- then they can do other things- ex- the youtube campaign.
Even if their is an argument that it will hurt the movement (which it wont) Chaim said that if their is a conflict between the interests of the Jewish people and of the JTF movement the interests of the Jewish people takes and will take precedence.
- also look at the opportunity the movement can have by closing the forum on Shabbat - it will be a Kiddush Hashe-m letting Jews know the importance of Shabbat and that we dont dare to play around with this issue - then maybe with this and other things some Jews who are on the border can think to themselves and come to be completly Shomer Shabbat. -and if this is thanx to JTf or anyone here or anyone anywhere - you cant image the great reward in Olam Haba that awaits that person (if you want proof please state so- I will bring you the source).

Offline HiWarp

• Master JTFer
« Reply #249 on: September 19, 2007, 02:56:30 PM »
Quote from: JewishTeddyBear link=topic=8786.msg87879#msg87879 date=
hiWarp is just an idiot, period.  and that hardly surprises me that he is a JESUS freak, since JESUS is for people with low IQ's anyway.

:'( :'( :'( aww, you made me feel bad now.  I want my teddy bear.
---Thomas Jefferson