Author Topic: The Divine Code Daily Dose  (Read 17840 times)

Online Hrvatski Noahid

• Master JTFer
Re: The Divine Code Daily Dose
« Reply #400 on: September 07, 2019, 08:50:18 AM »
If someone convinces a person that he should serve another person or thing as an idol, but the one who was misled has not yet served it, then even he accepted verbally and said, "Yes, I will go and serve it," both of them are still exempt from punishment for their words.34

34 See Rambam, Laws of the Worship of Stars (and Idols) 5:5; although the proselytizer is liable to punishment by a Sanhedrin court, that precept for Jews does not apply to Gentiles (see Minhat Hinuh Commandment 462) (the Divine Code by Rabbi Moshe Weiner, Ask Noah International, 2018, p 51).

Online Hrvatski Noahid

• Master JTFer
« Reply #401 on: September 09, 2019, 09:26:23 AM »
A self-proclaimed prophet who convinces others to serve idols is liable. Whether he says, "This idol told me to serve it," or "G-d told me to serve idols," or words to this effect, he is a false prophet who has persuaded others to go astray.35

35 Rambam, Laws of the Worship of Stars (and Idols) 5:2 (the Divine Code by Rabbi Moshe Weiner, Ask Noah International, 2018, p 52).

Online Hrvatski Noahid

• Master JTFer
« Reply #402 on: September 10, 2019, 09:38:10 AM »
Even if he prophesies in G-d's Name to serve an idol only for a specific time, and even if he performs miracles and says that G-d commanded that people must serve the idol for only a short time, he has spoken unfaithfully toward G-d, as it says,36 "and the sign or the wonder comes about, of which he spoke to you, saying, 'Let us follow the gods of others...' - do not hearken to the words of that prophet or that dreamer of a dream, for the L-rd your G-d is testing you... The L-rd, your G-d, shall you follow and Him shall you fear; His commandments you shall keep and to His voice shall you listen... And that prophet or that dreamer of a dream shall be put to death, for he has spoken fabrication against the L-rd your G-d."

36 Deuteronomy 13:3-6 (the Divine Code by Rabbi Moshe Weiner, Ask Noah International, 2018, p 52).

Online Hrvatski Noahid

• Master JTFer
« Reply #403 on: September 12, 2019, 05:20:15 AM »
Thus this person has come to contradict the eternal prophecy and Torah of Moses, and it is clear that he is a false prophet. All the apparent miracles he performs are just magic and sorcery.37 The case of someone who says this in the name of G-d is not judged by a Noahide court, as explained below in topics 2:8-9. If he gives this false prophecy in the name of an idol, it is within the jurisdiction of a Noahide court to judge him.

37 Rambam, Laws of Foundations of the Torah 9:1 (the Divine Code by Rabbi Moshe Weiner, Ask Noah International, 2018, p 52).

Online Hrvatski Noahid

• Master JTFer
« Reply #404 on: September 13, 2019, 05:12:28 PM »
Likewise, a self-proclaimed prophet who prophesies in the name of idols and says, "This idol or star told me that it is a commandment to do such and such," or "not to do such and such" - even if he cited a correct Torah law - is liable for committing the sin of false prophecy (the Divine Code by Rabbi Moshe Weiner, Ask Noah International, 2018, p 52).

Online Hrvatski Noahid

• Master JTFer
« Reply #405 on: September 14, 2019, 06:10:36 PM »
It appears that one who prophesies in the name of an idol, i.e. by saying his prophecy in its name, is a main component of the idol worship itself. Since Gentiles are forbidden to practice idol worship or its offshoots, this false prophet is therefore liable. It appears from Rambam, who places this law in Laws of the Worship of Stars (and Idols) and not in Laws of Foundations of the Torah, that this is a part of the Torah law pertaining to idol worship. This is also clear because one who prophesies in the name of idols actually accepts them, and is liable like one who says to an idol, "you are my god." (See topic 3:23 in Part II, and Ramban on Deut. 13:2; 18:20) (the Divine Code by Rabbi Moshe Weiner, Ask Noah International, 2018, p 52).