Yes, my mom is Jewish.
21 (61.8%)
No, my mom is not Jewish.
9 (26.5%)
I don't know.
2 (5.9%)
I converted to Judaism Al Pi Halacha.
0 (0%)
I'm in the process of converting to Judaism Al Pi Halacha.
1 (2.9%)
I left Judaism for another religion.
0 (0%)
My mom is Jewish but I don't consider myself to be.
1 (2.9%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Are you Jewish?  (Read 7245 times)

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Are you Jewish?
« on: October 07, 2007, 04:19:04 PM »
no need to explain yourselves...
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
Re: Are you Jewish?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2007, 04:28:01 PM »
I am Jewish. Some people might accuse me of being a self-hating Jew. But to that, I respond by quote Larry David from "Curb Your Enthusiasm" who stated, "Look! I admit I hate myself, but it has nothing to do with me being Jewish!" :) One of the funniest lines ever :)

kellymaureen

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2007, 04:33:33 PM »
Lol that is pretty funny.

I said no, my mom wasn't raised with any religion, not sure what if any my grandparents(her parents) religion was, they never talked about it, but she became Anglican when she married my dad, thats how we were raised but Im not involved with that any longer.

Offline Ultra Requete

• Master JTFer
  • United We Stand, Dived We'll Fall.
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2007, 04:57:36 PM »
Lol that is pretty funny.

I said no, my mom wasn't raised with any religion, not sure what if any my grandparents(her parents) religion was, they never talked about it, but she became Anglican when she married my dad, thats how we were raised but Im not involved with that any longer.

If They were Irish/Polish they were 95% Roman Catholic As for me my father family was Lutheran but they converted to RC before WWI when they moved from Austro Hungarian to Russian ocupied Poland; on my mather side some were jewish some catholic but I'm neither of them.     
Jeremiah 8:11-17

11 They dress the wound of my people as though it were not serious. Peace, peace, they say, when there is no peace.

12 Are they ashamed of their loathsome conduct? No, they have no shame at all; they do not even know how to blush. So they will fall among the fallen; they will be brought down when they are punished, says the LORD.

13 'I will take away their harvest, declares the LORD. There will be no grapes on the vine. There will be no figs on the tree, and their leaves will wither. What I have given them will be taken from them.'

14 Why are we sitting here? Gather together! Let us flee to the fortified cities and perish there! For the LORD our God has doomed us to perish and given us poisoned water to drink, because we have sinned against him.

15 We hoped for peace but no good has come, for a time of healing but there was only terror.

16 The snorting of the enemy's horses is heard from Dan; at the neighing of their stallions the whole land trembles. They have come to devour the land and everything in it, the city and all who live there.

17 See, I will send venomous snakes among you, vipers that cannot be charmed, and they will bite you, declares the LORD.

Love your Enemy
And Heap Burning Coals on his Head!!!
http://net-burst.net/revenge/love_and_wrath_of_God.htm

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2007, 06:00:28 PM »

Hmmm, how to categorize myself, secular non-practicing Jew? But, non-self hating, Kahanist when it comes to Israel, I hate "liberals" and self-hating left-wing "Jews" like poison;

Unexpected contradictions there huh, usually secular/non-practicing and liberal/left-wing self-hating, all go together, well not in this case, I'm not deranged and suicidal like those dreks.  :)

Nuke the arabs till they glow, then shoot them in the dark.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2007, 07:14:17 PM »

Hmmm, how to categorize myself, secular non-practicing Jew? But, non-self hating, Kahanist when it comes to Israel, I hate "liberals" and self-hating left-wing "Jews" like poison;

Unexpected contradictions there huh, usually secular/non-practicing and liberal/left-wing self-hating, all go together, well not in this case, I'm not deranged and suicidal like those dreks.  :)

listen, if you love your fellow Jew and love Israel so much that you want the best thing be done for them..then you're not self-hating.

and for that matter, in my opinion, if there is a jew that loves Jews so much that he thinks that giving land to the muderous arabs will save lives, I love that person too...But in the back of my mind, he's an idiot who doesn't know better.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline nopeaceforland

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2007, 08:02:19 PM »
I'm as Jewish as Matzo Ball Soup!  ;D Thanks for the quote Jackie Mason!

kellymaureen

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2007, 08:05:26 PM »
I dont practice a formal religion at this time, though I do believe in God.

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2007, 08:23:45 PM »
I dont practice a formal religion at this time, though I do believe in G-d.

Do you consider yourself to be a Christian? If not, then you should become a Noahide. JTF has many Noahides. Sarah is one. Jimmy Sullivan is also one as is Newman. Noahides are Non-Jews that practice The Seven Laws of Noah, handed down by G-d to all Gentiles. Judaism doesn't require Gentiles to convert and insists that they practice these laws rather than convert. But they are welcome to convert if they are really committed to it.

Unless I'm mistaken, I believe Newman is a convert.

kellymaureen

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2007, 08:24:01 PM »
I guess Im still figuring out where I belong ;)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2007, 08:26:43 PM »
Yes
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Eliezer Ben Avraham

• Master JTFer
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2007, 08:30:48 PM »
I am Jewish. Some people might accuse me of being a self-hating Jew. But to that, I respond by quote Larry David from "Curb Your Enthusiasm" who stated, "Look! I admit I hate myself, but it has nothing to do with me being Jewish!" :) One of the funniest lines ever :)
Why would you be accused of being self-hating? what are your views?
KAHANE TZADAK!

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2007, 08:33:28 PM »
I dunno, spent my whole life as secular, too old, used to the lifestyle, and set in my ways to change now.  :)

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2007, 09:03:24 PM »
I was raised RC, but I'm a non-denominational Christian.

• Master JTFer
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2007, 09:43:01 PM »
I thought most JTFers were not Jewish. Why doesn't the poll reflect that?

I thought the same thing....
idk whats going on with this poll
KAHANE TZADAK!

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2007, 09:50:29 PM »
I was wondering if someone knew if a person is still considered Jewish if their mother was Jewish, but converted to another religion before giving birth to him or her.  This doesn't apply in my case, but I'm just curious.  Also, I think under Reform Judaism, which I know we don't support, you can be considered Jewish if any parent is Jewish, but I'm not 100 percent sure.

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2007, 09:56:13 PM »

If most JTFer's aren't Jewish, then I am astonished. Means there's lots of rightious gentiles.

• Master JTFer
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2007, 11:12:25 PM »
I was wondering if someone knew if a person is still considered Jewish if their mother was Jewish, but converted to another religion before giving birth to him or her.  This doesn't apply in my case, but I'm just curious.  Also, I think under Reform Judaism, which I know we don't support, you can be considered Jewish if any parent is Jewish, but I'm not 100 percent sure.
Yea that is the deformed movement's policy. The only reason is because if they dont allow it they will lose lots of members do to the high rate of intermarriage among deformed Jews
KAHANE TZADAK!

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2007, 11:14:06 PM »
I thought most JTFers were not Jewish. Why doesn't the poll reflect that?

Because 19 people voted Yacov  ;)

raiseyourfist

« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2007, 11:18:56 PM »
i wish i was...

no i am comfortable with who i am

Offline Wayne Jude

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2007, 11:21:39 PM »
Blood wise but not by faith.

Offline Ultra Requete

• Master JTFer
  • United We Stand, Dived We'll Fall.
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2007, 06:05:02 AM »
I dont practice a formal religion at this time, though I do believe in G-d.

Do you consider yourself to be a Christian? If not, then you should become a Noahide. JTF has many Noahides. Sarah is one. Jimmy Sullivan is also one as is Newman. Noahides are Non-Jews that practice The Seven Laws of Noah, handed down by G-d to all Gentiles. Judaism doesn't require Gentiles to convert and insists that they practice these laws rather than convert. But they are welcome to convert if they are really committed to it.

Unless I'm mistaken, I believe Newman is a convert.

Rabbi Paul say the same to gentile christians; they were not required to accept the whole law of Moses only to avoid idol worshiping; the eating of meat with the blood which is not upholded by most so called chritian churches ; and sexual immorality; at least for start; the prohibation against murder and robery is present in all civilised societes; And Newman is some kind of hasidic convert Yes. 
Jeremiah 8:11-17

11 They dress the wound of my people as though it were not serious. Peace, peace, they say, when there is no peace.

12 Are they ashamed of their loathsome conduct? No, they have no shame at all; they do not even know how to blush. So they will fall among the fallen; they will be brought down when they are punished, says the LORD.

13 'I will take away their harvest, declares the LORD. There will be no grapes on the vine. There will be no figs on the tree, and their leaves will wither. What I have given them will be taken from them.'

14 Why are we sitting here? Gather together! Let us flee to the fortified cities and perish there! For the LORD our God has doomed us to perish and given us poisoned water to drink, because we have sinned against him.

15 We hoped for peace but no good has come, for a time of healing but there was only terror.

16 The snorting of the enemy's horses is heard from Dan; at the neighing of their stallions the whole land trembles. They have come to devour the land and everything in it, the city and all who live there.

17 See, I will send venomous snakes among you, vipers that cannot be charmed, and they will bite you, declares the LORD.

Love your Enemy
And Heap Burning Coals on his Head!!!
http://net-burst.net/revenge/love_and_wrath_of_God.htm

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2007, 09:34:15 AM »
My mothers Jewish, my fathers Jewish. That would make me Jewish.

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2007, 01:07:36 PM »
Blood wise but not by faith.

Oy you're a nice boychik, enough of this meshuggenah "not by faith" business.  ;)

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2007, 01:10:14 PM »
My mothers Jewish, my fathers Jewish. That would make me Jewish.

See? Cohen knows.  :D