Poll

If it was a life and death matter and you had to choose between eating nonkosher and Hallal, which would you choose?

Halal all the way, man!
6 (28.6%)
Nonkosher...Halal is poison
4 (19%)
Makes no difference, both are unkosher.
8 (38.1%)
I would rather DIE DIE DIE!!!
1 (4.8%)
Can bacon be considered halal?
2 (9.5%)
choices A and C
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: For those of you who are Kosher  (Read 21785 times)

Kiwi

Re: For those of you who are Kosher
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2007, 03:55:08 AM »
What is a Spanish fly?

Its a beetle thats dried and crushed into powder.

Kiwi

« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2007, 03:58:26 AM »
I just DIE DIE DIE  :::D

I would never trust anything muslim.

And the Army provides REM's that are Kosher.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2007, 03:59:58 AM by The Infidel. »

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2007, 10:42:54 AM »
It makes not a one iota of difference!  They're both treif!
I thought about this and you are technically right...Halal is not kosher...

However, why is it that if our life is threatened by Muslims to convert we are allowed to convert, but with Christianity we have to take the sword?

So along that line, isn't choosing Halal food a higher priority than eating non-Halal food if kosher were not available?
No.  I see you're logic there, but it's slightly off.

Under the threat of death, one is allowed to convert to Islam and not Christianity because, according to most opinions, Christianity is Avodah Zara, and while Islam may be evil, it's not idolatry.

But this has nothing to do with the laws of the religions...

One does not deal with terrorists; one does not bargain with terrorists; one kills terrorists.
- Rabbi Meir Kahane ZT"L, HY"D

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2007, 11:41:34 AM »

However, why is it that if our life is threatened by Muslims to convert we are allowed to convert, but with Christianity we have to take the sword?

So along that line, isn't choosing Halal food a higher priority than eating non-Halal food if kosher were not available?

Under the threat of death, one is allowed to convert to Islam and not Christianity because, according to most opinions, Christianity is Avodah Zara, and while Islam may be evil, it's not idolatry.

so let me counter this with the fact that I hear ya...

but, under the threat of death, it's ok to convert to Islam...but under the threat of a natural death, you say it's different with eating food from a religion which makes an effort (albiet a terrible one) to legitimize the food in Gd's name versus something that has no legitimacy?
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2007, 11:44:22 AM »

but, under the threat of death, it's ok to convert to Islam...but under the threat of a natural death, you say it's different with eating food from a religion which makes an effort (albiet a terrible one) to legitimize the food in Gd's name versus something that has no legitimacy?
Did you convert to Islam?  It still isn't any different from any other treif.

One does not deal with terrorists; one does not bargain with terrorists; one kills terrorists.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2007, 11:50:08 AM »

oh no, i'[m still Jewish and have no intenetion of converting...

and you're right..it is still treyf like pork is treyf..or unkosher beef even.

what on the threat of death one needs to survive and has a choice of eating halal beef versus pork or maybe even other unkosher beef, it would only seem logical to eat the halal beef since an effort was made to make it kosher like...I'm not defending Islam or anything...i just want to step outside the box for our hatred of muslims and hear what everybody else has to say to that.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2007, 11:58:51 AM »

what on the threat of death one needs to survive and has a choice of eating halal beef versus pork or maybe even other unkosher beef, it would only seem logical to eat the halal beef since an effort was made to make it kosher like...I'm not defending Islam or anything...i just want to step outside the box for our hatred of muslims and hear what everybody else has to say to that.
Once again, I see your logic, but it still makes no difference.  Unless you're a Muslim, Halal or non-Halal are one and the same, if they're not Kosher.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2007, 12:04:59 PM »

Once again, I see your logic, but it still makes no difference.  Unless you're a Muslim, Halal or non-Halal are one and the same, if they're not Kosher.

I see your logic too...that's why I left a choice A and C.  heheh but nobody picked it yet.

Offline Uziyahu

• Junior JTFer
    • Uziyahu on YouTube
« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2007, 01:18:51 PM »
From what I understand, Halal is at least compliant with Noachide law.

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2007, 01:52:56 PM »
Dhabiĥa Halal (the strictest form from what I understand), is compliant with the Noachide laws.  Halal in general though, I don't think necessarily has a prohibition from the meat being taken from a live animal, but I could be mistaken.

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2007, 02:40:37 PM »
Dhabiĥa Halal (the strictest form from what I understand), is compliant with the Noachide laws.  Halal in general though, I don't think necessarily has a prohibition from the meat being taken from a live animal, but I could be mistaken.

It does. And the blood has to be drained completely.
You cannot eat anything already dead or alive.

You cannot shoot an animal like they do normally because the heart is still pumping the blood around at least another once before the animal dies.

Offline Mstislav

• Master JTFer
  • islam must be eradicated & all muslims wiped out
    • The American Infidels
« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2007, 02:44:40 PM »

They idolize mohammed. In their prayers, his name is called.
The satanic barbaric deathcult of islam spread like a cancer throughout the world, killing and destroying everything it touches. muslims are like the hiv/aids virus, subverting the societies of non muslim lands only to allow the cancer of islam to consume and destroy. muslim, I curse and hate you, your 'prophet', 'g o d' and deathcult.   

Because the West needs to be won again and the stakes couldn't be higher . . .

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
« Reply #37 on: November 22, 2007, 02:51:12 PM »

No they don't.  There's a difference between a false prophet and an idol.

Offline Mstislav

• Master JTFer
    • The American Infidels
« Reply #38 on: November 22, 2007, 02:55:53 PM »

They do not worship him in the same way pagans worship idols. They do call his name along with allah in their prayers, I read their prayer instructions for new muslims and muslims who became more religious. muzzies will also throw a fit if mohammed is insulted or spoken about in a negative fashion, but they will not care much if it were about any of the real prophets of HaShem.
The satanic barbaric deathcult of islam spread like a cancer throughout the world, killing and destroying everything it touches. muslims are like the hiv/aids virus, subverting the societies of non muslim lands only to allow the cancer of islam to consume and destroy. muslim, I curse and hate you, your 'prophet', 'g o d' and deathcult.   

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
« Reply #39 on: November 22, 2007, 02:58:38 PM »

They do not worship him in the same way pagans worship idols. They do call his name along with allah in their prayers, I read their prayer instructions for new muslims and muslims who became more religious. muzzies will also throw a fit if mohammed is insulted or spoken about in a negative fashion, but they will not care much if it were about any of the real prophets of HaShem.
That's not Avodah Zara, though.  I think the Rambam knows a little more about this than anyone on this forum...

Offline Mstislav

• Master JTFer
    • The American Infidels
« Reply #40 on: November 22, 2007, 03:00:26 PM »
In some grocery stores, there is a section for kosher and halal meat. If pork is put in with the halal meat, will that render the meat haram? If the samething is done with kosher meat, will that render the meat unkosher?

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
« Reply #41 on: November 22, 2007, 03:05:36 PM »
In some grocery stores, there is a section for kosher and halal meat. If pork is put in with the halal meat, will that render the meat haram? If the samething is done with kosher meat, will that render the meat unkosher?
For the former, I don't know.  For the latter, yes.

Offline Mstislav

• Master JTFer
    • The American Infidels
« Reply #42 on: November 22, 2007, 03:14:23 PM »
Really? Even when the meats are both in their intact packaging?

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #43 on: November 22, 2007, 03:14:40 PM »
Don't want to defame kosher food..I prefer it over the rest most of the time.

However, talk about poison food...There is a heck of a lot of kosher meat out there in some of these kosher restaurants which are so bad for you and fattening..and no care in the world to make healthy for you...just not fresh and gross unfortunately.  Wouldn't it make logical sense if Rabbis with the expertise in Kashrut to encourage making kosher food very fresh and healthy with less oil etc etc etc so that, Gd forbid, good Jews don't die of heart problems?  I mean we should take our food a step higher by making it extra special healthy! I mean since the most religious of us don't really exercise and study all day long.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #44 on: November 22, 2007, 03:15:56 PM »

the way i look at it is that you don't want someone who is keeping kosher to run the risk of taking the wrong meat and eating it..So keeping it in a separate aisle makes the most sense.  Or for that matter in a different store if possible.

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
« Reply #45 on: November 22, 2007, 03:24:29 PM »
I would ask a Rabbi, but it is highly inadvisable, that I do know.

Offline Mstislav

• Master JTFer
    • The American Infidels
« Reply #46 on: November 22, 2007, 03:29:34 PM »
Thanks, BTW I do not intend to mix kosher with non kosher.

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
« Reply #47 on: November 22, 2007, 03:33:56 PM »
Are you Jewish, Mstislav?

Offline Mstislav

• Master JTFer
    • The American Infidels
« Reply #48 on: November 22, 2007, 03:35:57 PM »
No. I want to convert to Judaism but have not yet found an orthodox synagogue nearby.

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
« Reply #49 on: November 22, 2007, 03:38:19 PM »
No. I want to convert to Judaism but have not yet found an orthodox synagogue nearby.
If you are already keeping the Seven Noachide Laws, there is really no need for conversion.