Author Topic: ZIONISM or JUDAHISM ?  (Read 11441 times)

Offline Merkava

• Master JTFer
ZIONISM or JUDAHISM ?
« on: November 27, 2007, 01:24:44 PM »
When you meet a fellow Jew what quality do you think its more important for them to have:

A strong sense of Zionism and loyalty towards Israel ?

or

A strict following of the Torah and its teachings?

Two distinct things... Just want to hear your thoughts on this matter.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2007, 02:15:38 PM by Merkava »
"We are in 1938, and Iran is Germany"

Offline Trumpeldor

• Master JTFer
Re: ZIONISM or JUDAHISM ?
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2007, 01:33:05 PM »
If one truly has the latter, then one has the former.

Offline Merkava

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2007, 02:13:03 PM »
Not really. I am not very observant myself and I only go to the synagogue in high holidyas but I would give up my life defending Israel if I had to.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2007, 02:15:16 PM by Merkava »

Offline Trumpeldor

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2007, 02:17:57 PM »
Not really. I am not very observant myself and I only go to the synagogue in high holidyas but I would give up my life defending Israel if I had to.

Please re-read what I wrote. You don't HAVE to possess the latter to possess the former. However, if one TRULY has the latter, then one has the former.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2007, 02:22:54 PM by Trumpeldor »

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2007, 02:28:42 PM »
When you meet a fellow Jew what quality do you think its more important for them to have:

or

I either try not to distinct the two or try to put it in four groups instead of two:

1. Secular non Zionist: The worst kind unless misguided and impressionable
2. Secular Zionists:  Include people less religious than me, but love Israel has being a Jewish country.  I think i have the most in common with these Jews...and the best ones are the ones who love all righteous Jews and love Torah even though they might not practice halakha to the same extent as religious Jews.  The ones I'm not a fan of are anti-Torah Zionists...They try to be like other nations and try to lose the Jewish identity. We have to watch out for those.
3. Religious non-Zionists: I respect them because they are my brethren, but I disagree with them on their point of view of Israel.
4. Religious Zionists: This is what JTF wants and these, in my opinion, are the most courageous Jews.  I think these are the majority of Israeli Jews and possibly world Jewry.  I would say the secular zionists are a close second and religious non-zionists not far behind.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline judeanoncapta

• Master JTFer
  • Rebuild it now!!!!
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2007, 03:11:20 PM »
Zionism, the idea that Jews should have a state in the Land of Israel is as much a part of the Torah as Tzitzith or tefilin.

Since they are not two distinct things,the question is moot.
Post questions here for the ASK JUDEA TORAH SHOW

my blog: Yehudi-Nation

Who is truly wise? He who can see the future. I see tommorow today and I want to end it - Rabbi Meir Daweedh Kahana

Offline Merkava

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2007, 03:23:40 PM »
Zionism, the idea that Jews should have a state in the Land of Israel is as much a part of the Torah as Tzitzith or tefilin.

Do you mean debatable?

I either try not to distinct the two or try to put it in four groups instead of two:

1. Secular non Zionist: The worst kind unless misguided and impressionable
2. Secular Zionists:  Include people less religious than me, but love Israel has being a Jewish country.  I think i have the most in common with these Jews...and the best ones are the ones who love all righteous Jews and love Torah even though they might not practice halakha to the same extent as religious Jews.  The ones I'm not a fan of are anti-Torah Zionists...They try to be like other nations and try to lose the Jewish identity. We have to watch out for those.
3. Religious non-Zionists: I respect them because they are my brethren, but I disagree with them on their point of view of Israel.
4. Religious Zionists: This is what JTF wants and these, in my opinion, are the most courageous Jews.  I think these are the majority of Israeli Jews and possibly world Jewry.  I would say the secular zionists are a close second and religious non-zionists not far behind.

I think Danny has hit it right in the spot....My distinction was a bit vague.

Offline judeanoncapta

• Master JTFer
  • Rebuild it now!!!!
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2007, 08:01:13 PM »

Do you mean debatable?

No i mean the question assumes the two are mutually exclusive. They are not.

Therefore the question is worthless.

Who is truly wise? He who can see the future. I see tommorow today and I want to end it - Rabbi Meir Daweedh Kahana

Offline Dominater96

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2007, 08:34:19 PM »
A Religious Jew, is a Zionist. You can still be a religious person, without being a zionist. Rabbi Kahane woud say " I have more I have more in common then the Satmars, then the secular zionists".

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2007, 08:41:06 PM »
They SHOULD be one in the same.

Offline takebackourtemple

• Master JTFer
  • May this be the year that the temple is liberated.
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2007, 08:43:24 PM »
   There can only be a sense of Torah with the land of Israel. I don't consider the Satanmars Jewish because they go against the Torah by committing crimes against G-d's holy land.
Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2007, 08:45:33 PM »
I agree completely with TBOT. The Satmars/Neturei Karta scum are called by the Bible to be Amalek. This is because they are backstabbers who have declared war on their fellow Jews. Chaim would tell you there is no difference between these demons and the Germans.

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2007, 08:46:37 PM »
Option #2.
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2007, 09:07:11 PM »
Satmers didnt declare war on Jews. They do hate the state for obvious reasons and becuase of what the state has done to Jews. I dont fully agree/understand what they say, but I belive that they are allways targeted the most since they are totally independent of the state and dont recive bribe $, which lets them say whatever they want and which furthur infururates the Hellinists.
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2007, 09:19:53 PM »
   they go against the Torah by committing crimes against G-d's holy land.

Thier was a time when I hated them myself (for no real reason, but because I was brainwashed), but HOW are they going against the Holy Land ? They dont like the state and the secular regime, and they hold from an opinion in the Talmud that we shouldnt have a state before Moshiah. (maybe not majority opinion but still an opinion- listin to Rav Bar Haim's shiur on this and bringing the opinions).

Offline Eliezer Ben Avraham

• Master JTFer
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2007, 09:24:12 PM »

or

The two are not distinct and if we allow them to be divided then we have let the Left and Arabs win. Those who hold signs saying "Zionism is Racism", are pure anti-semites who are simply covering it up. If you are a good Jew, then you are a Good Zionist, and if you are a Zionist you are at least a decent Jew. In the 60's and 70's the JDL wasnt saving Jews that had Tzitzit, they were saving more of the secular Zionist type Jews, who love everything Jewish, but don't know everything.
KAHANE TZADAK!

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2007, 09:29:47 PM »
Zionism by nature is a big part of Torah Judaism. The first Zionists were Moses et al... So for a religious Jew to not be a Zionist whether it is to support the current state of Israel or support a future state of Israel would just be plain nuts. And by nuts I dont' mean cashews or Persian Pistachios.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2007, 09:32:14 PM »
I am more radical and simply hate the Religious non Zionist Jews since they are heretics who are ruining our religion and uprooting the Torah.  I am not talking about those who are simply against the secular state as most of us want a religious one, but those who think that Israel can't be settled before the Massiah and those who believe in giving up the land to the Arabs for peace.  I know these people and their Rabbis and there are very few who are simply great Torah observing Jews who's only sin is being against the State as Tzvi thinks.  There is a entire belief system that most these people believe in which I could go on for pages talking about that is very dangerous to Judaism and is harming us.  They contradict the Torah blatantly and disguise their lies by saying "my Rebbe said it" and they make up insane interpretations of obvious verses plus they blatantly tell you that your traditions are nonsense and only they know the right path. In my opinion, 90% of the things wrong with the religious Charedim and Chassidim stem from this kind of belief system. 
« Last Edit: November 27, 2007, 09:34:04 PM by jdl4ever »
"Enough weeping and wailing; and the following of leaders & rabbis who are pygmies of little faith & less understanding."
"I believe very much in a nation beating their swords into plowshears but when my enemy has a sword I don't want a plowshear"
-Rabbi Meir Kahane Zs'l HYD

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2007, 09:32:22 PM »
theirs 2 ways or definitions of Zionism - one is Jews settling and repopulating the land of Israel, and the second is the political movement (which isnt clear of support)

Offline judeanoncapta

• Master JTFer
  • Rebuild it now!!!!
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2007, 10:03:21 PM »
I am more radical and simply hate the Religious non Zionist Jews since they are heretics who are ruining our religion and uprooting the Torah.  I am not talking about those who are simply against the secular state as most of us want a religious one, but those who think that Israel can't be settled before the Massiah and those who believe in giving up the land to the Arabs for peace.  I know these people and their Rabbis and there are very few who are simply great Torah observing Jews who's only sin is being against the State as Tzvi thinks.  There is a entire belief system that most these people believe in which I could go on for pages talking about that is very dangerous to Judaism and is harming us.  They contradict the Torah blatantly and disguise their lies by saying "my Rebbe said it" and they make up insane interpretations of obvious verses plus they blatantly tell you that your traditions are nonsense and only they know the right path. In my opinion, 90% of the things wrong with the religious Charedim and Chassidim stem from this kind of belief system. 

Truer words were never spoken.

Offline judeanoncapta

• Master JTFer
  • Rebuild it now!!!!
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2007, 10:05:43 PM »
theirs 2 ways or definitions of Zionism - one is Jews settling and repopulating the land of Israel, and the second is the political movement (which isnt clear of support)

That's insane.

Repopulating the land without creating a state ensures the repopulation to be VERY short-lived because the Arabs would of course expell or slaughter all Jews.

Don't be a fool, Tsvi.

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2007, 10:11:25 PM »
The second option.  But one who has the second has the first, and one who has the first has the second.  And, I certainly like the Satmar (who happen to have certain halachic opinions that I disagree with) a hundred times more than Secular "Zionists."

One does not deal with terrorists; one does not bargain with terrorists; one kills terrorists.
- Rabbi Meir Kahane ZT"L, HY"D

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2007, 10:18:15 PM »
I dont know everything and I dont claim to, but right now what im thinking is, how could we have supported the political aspect of zionism and contine to support it, after all the crimes it has and does do. For example many of us woke up after gush katif and amona, but much earlier then that it was involved with even bigger crimes of spreading heresy into the Jewish nation (hellinism + haskallah+ the media and education system), they have done many other crimes both physical and spiritual and as a Religious G-d fearing person how can one support a movement that slaughtered(s) Jews spiritually? I personally would rather see my children slaughtered by hitler as a rightious Jew, then become a hellinist, but still alive in this world.

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2007, 10:48:01 PM »
I dont know everything and I dont claim to, but right now what im thinking is, how could we have supported the political aspect of zionism and contine to support it, after all the crimes it has and does do. For example many of us woke up after gush katif and amona, but much earlier then that it was involved with even bigger crimes of spreading heresy into the Jewish nation (hellinism + haskallah+ the media and education system), they have done many other crimes both physical and spiritual and as a Religious G-d fearing person how can one support a movement that slaughtered(s) Jews spiritually? I personally would rather see my children slaughtered by hitler as a rightious Jew, then become a hellinist, but still alive in this world.
We support it because having a Jewish Israel is a safe haven for the Jews so another Holocost doesn't happen and it is doing what the Torah commands.  As for Amona, 90% of the Charedim learn all day in Yeshiva in Israel.  If they all would have left the Yeshiva and took a trip to Amona to defend it then we would have taken over.  I don't blame the working class Jews because they would have risked their job by going to prison for a few days.  I blame my fellow religious Jews more than I blame the hellonists, they simply see our weakness and take advantage of it.
"Enough weeping and wailing; and the following of leaders & rabbis who are pygmies of little faith & less understanding."
"I believe very much in a nation beating their swords into plowshears but when my enemy has a sword I don't want a plowshear"
-Rabbi Meir Kahane Zs'l HYD

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2007, 10:56:14 PM »
We support it because having a Jewish Israel is a safe haven for the Jews so another Holocost doesn't happen and it is doing what the Torah commands.  As for Amona, 90% of the Charedim learn all day in Yeshiva in Israel.  If they all would have left the Yeshiva and took a trip to Amona to defend it then we would have taken over.  I don't blame the working class Jews because they would have risked their job by going to prison for a few days.  I blame my fellow religious Jews more than I blame the hellonists, they simply see our weakness and take advantage of it.

So going to work is more important than learning in Yeshiva? Im sorry but your hatred of Haredim and blaming them for everything is complete sinat hinam. Anyway at amona were younge people. For an adult to get invloved in that level wouldnt be smart on the indiviudal basis, but their needs to be something much bigger including a large part of society to create a bigger revolution.