Author Topic: Hunting  (Read 15761 times)

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Hunting
« Reply #50 on: January 15, 2009, 05:22:26 PM »
I actually think sliced ham with melted cheese on top and and pork sausage are the tastiest meats. I do like chicken and fish though.

Yes Ruby, but I think I can make even a sole of a shoe tasty by putting it with ice in a cutter and mixing it with onions, flower and a lot of spices.

:::D

The ham with cheese on top I never tried. But after roasting the ham it is like a cracker. There is really not a lot meat in there.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #51 on: January 15, 2009, 05:59:03 PM »
I actually think sliced ham with melted cheese on top and and pork sausage are the tastiest meats. I do like chicken and fish though.

Must you discuss such treif here? I have said this before... It is inconsiderate to those working hard to keep Kosher to constantly hear about Cheeseburgers and Bacon, etc... Some of us really like those foods but because of the laws of Kashrut we do not partake in it. It is not so nice to discuss such things before people who have a taste for treif.

"Rabbi Shimon ben Gamliel said 'A person should not say, 'I do not like meat and milk mixtures'... rather, he should say, 'I would like it but what can I do? My Father in heaven has decreed upon me (not to partake of it).'"
« Last Edit: January 15, 2009, 06:05:14 PM by muman613 »
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #52 on: January 15, 2009, 06:00:23 PM »
I like to take either baked ham or lunchmeat and put it in a sandwich on toast and melt cheese in it. It's great. :) The only bad thing is that pigs are more intelligent than some of the other animals so that does cause a problem too.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #53 on: January 15, 2009, 06:06:18 PM »
I like to take either baked ham or lunchmeat and put it in a sandwich on toast and melt cheese in it. It's great. :) The only bad thing is that pigs are more intelligent than some of the other animals so that does cause a problem too.

Thanks for that info RS...

Are you starting a revolution against Hashem?

PS: A schechted pig is still treif...
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #54 on: January 15, 2009, 06:10:15 PM »

Must you discuss such treif here? I have said this before... It is inconsiderate to those working hard to keep Kosher to constantly hear about Cheeseburgers and Bacon, etc... Some of us really like those foods but because of the laws of Kashrut we do not partake in it. It is not so nice to discuss such things before people who have a taste for treif.

"Rabbi Shimon ben Gamliel said 'A person should not say, 'I do not like meat and milk mixtures'... rather, he should say, 'I would like it but what can I do? My Father in heaven has decreed upon me (not to partake of it).'"

Basically you are right. But think about this:

Lechtz  :)
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #55 on: January 15, 2009, 06:12:04 PM »

Indeed Pheasant, that looks delicious... Is that a beef steak?

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Be a light in the darkness.......
« Reply #56 on: January 15, 2009, 06:16:01 PM »
Since we  are discussing food now, we eat alot of my mac and cheese from scratch.

Here is a picture:

I use organic Tillamook Cheese (with no added hormones, etc). No dyes, either.

Yummy....

SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #57 on: January 15, 2009, 06:20:58 PM »

Indeed Pheasant, that looks delicious... Is that a beef steak?

Indeed.  :)

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #58 on: January 15, 2009, 06:24:05 PM »

PIGS ARE "KOSHER" FOR NON-JEWS TO EAT

Why do you not understand that.

And you said "It is inconsiderate to those working hard to keep Kosher to constantly hear about Cheeseburgers and Bacon, etc... Some of us really like those foods but because of the laws of Kashrut we do not partake in it. It is not so nice to discuss such things before people who have a taste for treif."

Regarding you not wanting gentiles to talk about non-kosher food. They have every right to eat it, so why can't they talk about it.
You think it will tempt you?
I am as likely to eat a pork sandwich as I am to jump off a cliff.
I don't know why you have so much difficulty not eating pork, but don't expect people to know that.. And don't blame them for "tempting" you.. when they are doing nothing of the sort.

I have often sat right opposite non-jews as they eat, and I eat nothing. They feel a bit guilty sometimes, so I may just bring a sandwich so they don't feel so guilty.. But it doesn't affect me..

If you are tempted by the word pork.. How about a business lunch or at work when non-jews are eating non-kosher food right in front of you.  Do you stop them there too?

Is it not nice of people to EAT treif near you?

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #59 on: January 15, 2009, 06:29:31 PM »

I've never hunted, but I plan on learning; Hunting is a self sufficiency and survival skill, everybody should know how, for the days when the supermarkets are empty.
Nuke the arabs till they glow, then shoot them in the dark.

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #60 on: January 15, 2009, 06:36:44 PM »

I've never hunted, but I plan on learning; Hunting is a self sufficiency and survival skill, everybody should know how, for the days when the supermarkets are empty.

I went through a 19 day survival school and got a certificate of completion...US Air Force... ;D
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #61 on: January 15, 2009, 06:49:19 PM »

And you said "It is inconsiderate to those working hard to keep Kosher to constantly hear about Cheeseburgers and Bacon, etc... Some of us really like those foods but because of the laws of Kashrut we do not partake in it. It is not so nice to discuss such things before people who have a taste for treif."

Regarding you not wanting gentiles to talk about non-kosher food. They have every right to eat it, so why can't they talk about it.
I don't know why you have so much difficulty not eating pork, but don't expect people to know that.. And don't blame them for "tempting" you.. when they are doing nothing of the sort.

I have often sat right opposite non-jews as they eat, and I eat nothing. They feel a bit guilty sometimes, so I may just bring a sandwich so they don't feel so guilty.. But it doesn't affect me..

If you are tempted by the word pork.. How about a business lunch or at work when non-jews are eating non-kosher food right in front of you.  Do you stop them there too?

I think Muman's problem lies in the nature of the issue.

Every peoples have a weakness.

My assumption is, that Jews have their problem with food and gentiles have their problem with wines.  :::D :::D :::D

I have never seen a drunken Jew, but I have seen a lot of overweight. Actually lots of Jews think more about food, than about other fleshly things.  :::D

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #62 on: January 15, 2009, 07:01:12 PM »

I think Muman's problem lies in the nature of the issue.

Every peoples have a weakness.

My assumption is, that Jews have their problem with food and gentiles have their problem with wines.  :::D :::D :::D

I have never seen a drunken Jew, but I have seen a lot of overweight. Actually lots of Jews think more about food, than about other fleshly things.  :::D

In Britain, gentiles have their problem with beer.

Jews like alcohol  - wine, whiskey, "liquor", but limit it to shabbat usually.

I was speaking to a gentile friend a while back.. and we were talking about a place to eat.  I went through the places and discussed the portions.. He burst out laughing, and said he had recently been to a Jackie Mason show, and jackie mason said that when a jew goes to look for a place to eat, all he thinks about is the portion, that's the most important thing.

Yes, jews like food.. it's the main thing I think about. But , I can tell you that jews born into a religious home , really don't have any temptation to eat non-kosher food, at all. We don't think about it.  Mentally it's as ridiculous as jumping into a fire. Any Jew should be like that, whether he was born religious or not. But certainly, one shouldn't tell non-jews not to do things G-d allows! Only muman does that.

I'm sure Chaim thinks about food -alot- .  He is thin, eats healthily.

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #63 on: January 15, 2009, 07:01:37 PM »

I went through a 19 day survival school and got a certificate of completion...US Air Force... ;D

That is really cool! No fair, I'm going to have to PAY for that training.  :teach: <-- Hunting instructor LOL
« Last Edit: January 15, 2009, 07:08:24 PM by New Yorker »
Nuke the arabs till they glow, then shoot them in the dark.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #64 on: January 15, 2009, 07:09:11 PM »
It is totally repulsive to me, I am so disgusted just by the thought of it.

Especially disgusting is 'big game hunting' because it is exceptionally cruel.

I think hunting is quite a bit more humane than the way animals are slaughtered and sold to grocery stores, those slaughter houses have horrible conditions.

If the person is eating the meat, what is the problem? I'm sure it's a lot healthier than the food sold in supermarkets with growth hormones and other crap they inject into the chickens.

I think if animals are to be slaughtered at all, than it must be as painless and humane as possible. I am a vegan and I wouldn't even wear leather because I don't won't to be responsible for cruelty to animals.

But hunting is a cruel way to kill an animal. Some hunters like to use crossbow which is horrific, but a shot gun kill is most likely prolonged and painful too. And of course there are hunting traps which I assume everyone here objects to because they are basically a torture device.

Zelhar, have you ever seen a deer get shot with a 30-06? Trust me, it's not suffering...
Is that a pellet shot ? I concede that if the killing method is humane and there is an excess population of deer, than hunting is morally equivalent to 'normal' slaughter.
And what about the bigger beasts- a bear ? an elephant ? a whale ? 

Size doesn't matter.. Where is your argument going?  Its whether  or not the species is overpopulated.  I cant imagine a situation where whales would be overpopulated... but if they were... then yes... I guarantee that they would open season, by nearly every country.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #65 on: January 15, 2009, 07:11:22 PM »

I'm not Jewish so I don't think it's a bad thing for me to eat that stuff. I'm sorry if I upset you though.

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #66 on: January 15, 2009, 07:15:51 PM »

That is really cool! No fair, I'm going to have to PAY for that training.  :teach: <-- Hunting instructor LOL

Well, if you join the military, you can get it for free..... :laugh:

They taught us how to make shelters out of parachutes, too..
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #67 on: January 15, 2009, 07:17:58 PM »

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #68 on: January 15, 2009, 07:19:18 PM »
Briann that sign is great. lol  :laugh:

I just hope no one takes it too literally like they do in Liberia.

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #69 on: January 15, 2009, 07:20:00 PM »

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #70 on: January 15, 2009, 07:32:25 PM »

I'm not Jewish so I don't think it's a bad thing for me to eat that stuff. I'm sorry if I upset you though.

I am not suggesting that you should keep kosher. My only point is that consideration for those who are restricted from such foods. I would not go into a Weight-Watchers group with the most fattening ice-cream or candy because I know that they are struggling to avoid such foods... Thank you for your understanding.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #71 on: January 15, 2009, 07:34:27 PM »
I don't want you to feel that way Muman I'm sorry I posted things that might have made you feel tempted.

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #72 on: January 15, 2009, 07:37:14 PM »

I am not suggesting that you should keep kosher. My only point is that consideration for those who are restricted from such foods. I would not go into a Weight-Watchers group with the most fattening ice-cream or candy because I know that they are struggling to avoid such foods... Thank you for your understanding.

What about people at your workplace eating non-kosher food near you?

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #73 on: January 15, 2009, 07:40:43 PM »
I don't think you meant to be offensive Rubystars.  You shouldn't have to apologize.  You are just speaking to things you like.  You are not trying to tease anyone.  I understand how you feel Muman, but we need to coexist here.  We can't walk on eggshells all the time.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2009, 07:57:51 PM by bullcat3 »
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #74 on: January 15, 2009, 07:58:09 PM »
I don't think you meant to be offensive Rubystars.  You shouldn't have to be apologize.  You are just speaking to things you like.  You are not trying to tease anyone.  I understand how you feel Muman, but we need to coexist here.  We can't walk on eggshells all the time.

Yes!!! we need to coexist!!! just like the bumper sticker says: