Poll

Should we forgive Ann Coulter?

Yes
No

Author Topic: Should we forgive Ann Coulter?  (Read 6309 times)

Offline IsraelForever

• Master JTFer
Re: Should we forgive Ann Coulter?
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2009, 01:43:08 AM »
I'm sorry, but I don't care who you are.  If you tell me that "Christians are perfected Jews", I find that totally offensive.   It's a slap in the face to all Jews. 

Offline SavetheWest

• Master JTFer
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2009, 02:17:22 AM »
When she said what she said, it was on the Donnie Deutsh show. She was just trying to push his buttons since he's a liberal and got offended by everything she said earlier in the interview and she thought it was funny.  She made a stupid comment and I think she saw that she did just after she completed the sentence.  She doesn't like to admit when she messed up because of all the criticism she receives but she should have said sorry.  It's not like Mel Gibson where his father denied the Holocaust, he made the Jews the bad guys in a movie about Jesus and then he said the anti-Semetic comments. If I hear other things about Coulter I'll change my mind but I've seen her defend Israel on many occasions. 

What she said about those 9-11 widows was spot on.  They exploited the death of their husbands in a Michael Moore way so they could bash President Bush and show that all 9-11 families were against Bush.  They had all these problems with attacking Islam and didn't utter a word about the Muslims who carried out 9-11.

Offline SavetheWest

• Master JTFer
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2009, 02:18:06 AM »
What offends Jews more, Ann Coulter or this:

Yes. That is what everyone needs to see.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2009, 02:20:59 AM »
When she said what she said, it was on the Donnie Deutsh show. She was just trying to push his buttons since he's a liberal and got offended by everything she said earlier in the interview and she thought it was funny. 
Very true. She says things like this deliberately to create controversy. It is part of her act.

It's not like Mel Gibson where his father denied the Holocaust, he made the Jews the bad guys in a movie about Jesus and then he said the anti-Semetic comments.
Amen to that. May flesh-eating viruses invade the Nazi Gibson's brain, yimach schmo vezichro.

What she said about those 9-11 widows was spot on.  They exploited the death of their husbands in a Michael Moore way so they could bash President Bush and show that all 9-11 families were against Bush.
Agreed there too. They were setting a propaganda IUD against our administration.

They had all these problems with attacking Islam and didn't utter a word about the Muslims who carried out 9-11.
They were very evil women, agreed.

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2009, 02:24:37 AM »
I was upset with her she should have chosen better words. But if you look at how she is right on so many of the issues and sides with us. I can't hold one sentence against her. She has made a career of career ending statements.
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2009, 02:24:58 AM »
I did not curse her, nor do I wish death on her. I don't agree with the way she comes across. She said things about the wives of the victims of 9/11 which offended me. There are many things she says and does I don't agree with. Her offensive statement was only one reason for my dislike of her.

Do I feel threatened by Santa Claus? Heck no. But I do look forward to living in an Israel where we have Jewish Yom Tovim without interference from other holidays. I have never had a problem with Christmas. But my problems begin when Jewish families feel a need to have Channukah bushes and presents under the bush, etc. Assimilation is one of my biggest fears, as I have said my entire family has just about assimilated. Jewish children must be brought up with Jewish holy days.

So basically I have my opinion of Coulter based on my own perception of who she is. Is she such a great asset for the right? Personally I dont think so. Her appearance and her presentation is pretty much offensive to me. I would not get along with a woman who acts like she does.

Muman, this is what you wrote.

Quote from: muman613
I wish Ann Coulter would just disappear from this world. I have no use for this woman and I dont want to get into my reasons for the way I feel. We've been through this before and I don't want to say something which I will have to apologize for again. Ann Coulter is a selfish Beotch who has a place reserved in Gehinnom.

PS: Its arrogant of me to make comments about other religions but this piece of drek gets away with insulting all of Judaism by calling us incomplete. What chutzpah... Id sock her in the lip if she said that to me..

You wish her to cease to exist, called her a profanity, and want her to burn in hell. That's no really different from me wishing that Tzipi Hitler die of cancer. You have the right to do that, but it is the same thing that I do to the people I hate. That is the only point I was making.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2009, 02:33:03 AM »
I did not curse her, nor do I wish death on her. I don't agree with the way she comes across. She said things about the wives of the victims of 9/11 which offended me. There are many things she says and does I don't agree with. Her offensive statement was only one reason for my dislike of her.

Do I feel threatened by Santa Claus? Heck no. But I do look forward to living in an Israel where we have Jewish Yom Tovim without interference from other holidays. I have never had a problem with Christmas. But my problems begin when Jewish families feel a need to have Channukah bushes and presents under the bush, etc. Assimilation is one of my biggest fears, as I have said my entire family has just about assimilated. Jewish children must be brought up with Jewish holy days.

So basically I have my opinion of Coulter based on my own perception of who she is. Is she such a great asset for the right? Personally I dont think so. Her appearance and her presentation is pretty much offensive to me. I would not get along with a woman who acts like she does.

Muman, this is what you wrote.

Quote from: muman613
I wish Ann Coulter would just disappear from this world. I have no use for this woman and I dont want to get into my reasons for the way I feel. We've been through this before and I don't want to say something which I will have to apologize for again. Ann Coulter is a selfish Beotch who has a place reserved in Gehinnom.

PS: Its arrogant of me to make comments about other religions but this piece of drek gets away with insulting all of Judaism by calling us incomplete. What chutzpah... Id sock her in the lip if she said that to me..

You wish her to cease to exist, called her a profanity, and want her to burn in hell. That's no really different from me wishing that Tzipi Hitler die of cancer. You have the right to do that, but it is the same thing that I do to the people I hate. That is the only point I was making.

There is a difference between what I am saying and the idea of Yimach Shemo Vezichro. I suppose I should have added that her place in hell is just in my opinion, because I do not actively pray for her to go there. In my natural state of tranquility during davening I usually don't think about Coulter much, I have very real enemies I must beseech Hashem to protect me from.

I can see how you could confuse my words for actively calling for people to curse her, or wipe her memory from existance. I don't really concern myself with whether or not Coulter lives or dies, I don't watch her when she is on TV, and I have really cut down on the TV I watch {less than an hour a week}. The only time I deal with the idea of Coulter is on this forum where I have said some things which I regret.

Honestly she doesnt appeal to me. Her style is very abrasive, in your face, who doesnt care what you think and she doesnt have the looks to pull it off {sorry if that is sexist, but it is the way I feel}. I will not write her to tell her I dont like her, I even dont ask others to not like her... But I will say that she is abrasive and lacks humility.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2009, 02:36:13 AM »
I don't think she is anywhere near the best conservative voice we have, and she certainly does not care about anybody's feelings (of any faith), but that is not the same as her being an anti-Semite.

Offline SavetheWest

• Master JTFer
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2009, 02:36:50 AM »
I think everyone needs to see that video that Gruzinit put up.  It puts everything in perspective and is a good video to send to people who say, "why are you worried about Muslims so much.  Stop living in fear."

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2009, 02:38:36 AM »
I don't think she is anywhere near the best conservative voice we have, and she certainly does not care about anybody's feelings (of any faith), but that is not the same as her being an anti-Semite.

C.F.,

I am not calling her an antisemite... In the case of Gibson he is definitely an antisemite because of his public statements. I have not even mentioned what I think about Gibson. Let me leave that as a topic for the future. I dont like Coulter because of her 'shtick' for lack of a better term. That whole act makes turns me away.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2009, 02:40:47 AM »
I think everyone needs to see that video that Gruzinit put up.  It puts everything in perspective and is a good video to send to people who say, "why are you worried about Muslims so much.  Stop living in fear."

I certainly am aware of the threat from the Muslims, I dont want to keep repeating myself. I am a victim of 9/11 because of my brothers death in the WTC. I am keenly aware of the war against Islam. This is why I am attracted to JTF and am working to expose Islam.

This doesn't preclude me from disliking Coulter because of her attitude and her chutzpah.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2009, 02:41:09 AM »
Mel Goebbelson needs to develop glial cell sarcoma now.

Offline SavetheWest

• Master JTFer
« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2009, 02:47:54 AM »

I certainly am aware of the threat from the Muslims, I dont want to keep repeating myself. I am a victim of 9/11 because of my brothers death in the WTC. I am keenly aware of the war against Islam. This is why I am attracted to JTF and am working to expose Islam.

This doesn't preclude me from disliking Coulter because of her attitude and her chutzpah.

You have every right not to like her but those widows she attacked were total beasts.  The media just used it as a chance to get at her as they always do.  One of the best things she has going for her are the people who hate her.  Most of them are fiends of the highest order. 

Most people who had loved ones in the WTC had a normal reaction to it all.  Out of 3,000 people there were bound to be some relatives who thought it was GWB who did it and not Muslims.  Just like Nick Berg's dad.  His son had his head cut off by Muslims and he forgave the killers but didn't forgive Bush for starting the war.  Or those parents of the white girl who was in South Africa and was stoned to death by a Soweto mob.  They forgave the killers but blamed aparthied.  It's demented thinking.

Offline Xoce

• Master JTFer
« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2009, 02:49:52 AM »

You have every right not to like her but those widows she attacked were total beasts.  The media just used it as a chance to get at her as they always do.  One of the best things she has going for her are the people who hate her.  Most of them are fiends of the highest order. 

Most people who had loved ones in the WTC had a normal reaction to it all.  Out of 3,000 people there were bound to be some relatives who thought it was GWB who did it and not Muslims.  Just like Nick Berg's dad.  His son had his head cut off by Muslims and he forgave the killers but didn't forgive Bush for starting the war.  Or those parents of the white girl who was in South Africa and was stoned to death by a Soweto mob.  They forgave the killers but blamed aparthied.  It's demented thinking.

Exactly.
aka Someone Else

Offline IsraelForever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2009, 02:59:09 AM »
Quote from: SavetheWest
Just like Nick Berg's dad.  His son had his head cut off by Muslims and he forgave the killers but didn't forgive Bush for starting the war.
I remember that.  And that's the moment I stopped feeling sorry for the father's loss of his son.  If he could say something like that, I hate to say it, but he deserves to suffer.  Unbelievable. 

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.
« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2009, 03:28:46 AM »

This is in essence a major part of the point I was making on page 1 of this thread.     
"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2009, 09:32:54 AM »
I'm not sure how to judge her, but I see her as the "conservative" version of a dumb liberal like Michael moron.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline AsheDina

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2009, 10:43:59 AM »
I'm sorry, but I don't care who you are.  If you tell me that "Christians are perfected Jews", I find that totally offensive.   It's a slap in the face to all Jews. 

I AGREE. It is PREPOSTEROUS! 
G-d has a COVENENT with Jewish people. PERIOD. 
Not all Christians are like the Christians here that love Torah, like C.F., PJC, and many others- they are GRATEFUL for Jews and Judaism. 
Most of these crazy RICK WARREN Christians say that the WORD OF G-D is INVALID. 
THAT IS A LIE, an EVIL, sick DEMENTED SATANIC LIE to DEMONIZE Jews & Judaism. 
That is what the SICKO FREAK FASCIST DICTATOR MURDERING ASSASSIN hitler did in NAZI Germany, and THAT is EXACTLY what MANY MANY MANY of these FAGGOT RICK WARREN CHRSTIANS DO NOW! 
SHAME SHAME!!!!!!!
Other than that- Coulter is OK, except she dresses stupid, and really comes across like a liberal, but that shouldn't be a surprise, she dates em.
THATS A FACT.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates

Offline AsheDina

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2009, 10:45:51 AM »

David Ben Moshe, Chaim Ben Pesach, and AsheDina ARE the BEST most righteous conservatives voices out there, but they are SCARED of us, the little nazi fascists.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates

Offline P J C

• Master JTFer
  • Liberty and Justice for All
    • Take Back the West
« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2009, 11:07:31 AM »
I would like to make the point that REAL Jews and REAL Christians are being attacked in the media by our counterparts, The FAKE Jews and the FAKE Christians who align themselves with the atheistic and Islamic enemy.
"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2

Offline arksis

• Master JTFer
  • Dawn
« Reply #45 on: February 12, 2009, 11:42:51 AM »
As a friend of Israel, I am VERY offended by that video Gruzinit! I think ALL people need to see this and know Islam exactly for what it is!
---Never, ever deal with terrorists. Hunt them down and, more important, mercilessly punish those states and groups that fund, arm, support, or simply allow their territories to be used by the terrorists with impunity.
Meir Kahane

Offline Gruzinit

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #46 on: February 12, 2009, 01:02:07 PM »
Amen. Ann Coulter's comments over a year ago are a non-issue. You don't have to like her or read her books and colunms as a matter of personal taste, but to think she is the enemy of the Jewish people is trivial, if not dangerously absurd.

Personally, I considered Coulter's comments poorly worded, but never intentionally malicious. Mostly because she was accurate in a historical context of replacement theology.Early Christians did considered themselves the new "chosen people" , completing the covenant made to the Israleites. Many of the early Christian theologians saw Roman Catholic Church and the Vatican as a replacement of Israel. And one does not have to be reminded of the centuries of discrimination and persecution Jews endured in medieval Europe as a reminder of their transgressions, such as the Wandering Jew in early christian folklore.

In recent months muslim protesters throughout the country, let alone throughout the world, have been calling for genocide against the Jewish people on western streets, with despicable signs saying "Hitler didn't finish his job," "Jews are the real Nazis," and "Jews go back to the ovens." When we squabble over these sort of issues, it demonstrates we don't have our priorities straight.

The American Republic will endure, until politicians realize they can bribe the people with their own money. – Alexis de Tocqueville

Communism is like prohibition, it's a good idea but it won't work. - Will Rogers

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #47 on: February 12, 2009, 01:39:10 PM »
Amen. Ann Coulter's comments over a year ago are a non-issue. You don't have to like her or read her books and colunms as a matter of personal taste, but to think she is the enemy of the Jewish people is trivial, if not dangerously absurd.

Personally, I considered Coulter's comments poorly worded, but never intentionally malicious. Mostly because she was accurate in a historical context of replacement theology.Early Christians did considered themselves the new "chosen people" , completing the covenant made to the Israleites. Many of the early Christian theologians saw Roman Catholic Church and the Vatican as a replacement of Israel. And one does not have to be reminded of the centuries of discrimination and persecution Jews endured in medieval Europe as a reminder of their transgressions, such as the Wandering Jew in early christian folklore.

In recent months muslim protesters throughout the country, let alone throughout the world, have been calling for genocide against the Jewish people on western streets, with despicable signs saying "Hitler didn't finish his job," "Jews are the real Nazis," and "Jews go back to the ovens." When we squabble over these sort of issues, it demonstrates we don't have our priorities straight.

I am not so shure about this view.

After I read the NT carefully, it seems, that the worldview of the first Christians was more complex.

I think they didn't deny the relevations of the Tanach concerning the Jewish people in general. But they thought, that there are new ones for the ecclesia.

This is logical, because G-d is unable to lie, because althrough almighty he has limited himselve in some issues. It follows that no promise of G-d can be abrogated.

So there are imo different economies of G-d. Judaism agrees basically with this thoughts, like you can see that it teaches the laws concerning Noah to the gentiles.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dispensationalism

I think the basic idea of Dispensationalism is true althrough the details are for me not in every issue clear.

If the status as choosen people in the Jewish economy would directly given to the Ecclesia, all promises for the Synagoge would be given to the members of the Ecclesia.

This is obviously wrong, because there was a obvious break between both groups althrough of cause Jews were the majority of the first Christian communities.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 01:47:52 PM by Pheasant »
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #48 on: February 12, 2009, 01:47:37 PM »
Anne Coulter talks this way if it was someone else it might bother me but Coulter likes to speak Hyperbole 
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #49 on: February 12, 2009, 01:54:05 PM »
Personally as a non Jew, I don't think I have the correct judgement to answer this question with 100% accuracy, but I believe we should forgive Ann Coulter.

For those of you who are unaware of what Ann Coulter said she said that "Christians are perfected Jews" if I am correct, of course her statement was insane.

If her impressions of Jews are of the same leftists we can't stand, and she realized that not all Jews are kookoo like those Jews and apologized for the statement, then maybe I might forgive her...Otherwise, she's as bad as the rest of them...If Jews, Gd forbid, were in concentration camps, she would probably say it was so because Jews didn't believe in Jesus and therefore deserved it.  To hell with her then.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 02:05:15 PM by Dr. Dan »
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein