Author Topic: Why do Christians care about Jews?  (Read 18016 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Why do Christians care about Jews?
« Reply #100 on: September 09, 2009, 07:04:56 PM »
It makes me sad that Mo was implying he basically doesn't care what happens to Christians. Christians are being murdered and dying in various places in the world due to persecutions, and for him to have no empathy with that really does irritate me. That's what I got out of his post that said he would never join a movement to help non-Jews.

I don't think Mo2388 meant to say that he doesn't care about bad things happening to Christians. 
Yes, Lisa.  My issue with Mo and Muman goes to the fact that they have problem with the Christian members on this forum, most who have been here way before they arrived.  They can't deny what is quite obvious by the patterns in their posts.  I will never believe that Mo was just asking an innocent question and we all know that Muman has big issues with Christianity( and the fact that Christian live and breathe).

This is my feeling too. I have felt that the forum has, for a while, been leaning towards Yeshiva Judaism (I don't know if this is the correct term), instead of staying with the religious zionism of the Kahanist type. The latter makes Israel its first priority and also prioritizes the ties between Jews and Gentiles. The former is not as committed to Israel (if at all) and is, on the whole, hostile to Christianity and distrustful of the idea of cooperating with pro-Israel Gentiles. I think that because of this drift, the forum has lost some popularity.

Im so sorry you feel like that but that is not what is happening here. I believe that Mo and Myself are as Zionist as any of you are. I don't know how you come to your conclusions.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Moshe92

« Reply #101 on: September 09, 2009, 07:13:00 PM »
It makes me sad that Mo was implying he basically doesn't care what happens to Christians. Christians are being murdered and dying in various places in the world due to persecutions, and for him to have no empathy with that really does irritate me. That's what I got out of his post that said he would never join a movement to help non-Jews.

I don't think Mo2388 meant to say that he doesn't care about bad things happening to Christians. 
Yes, Lisa.  My issue with Mo and Muman goes to the fact that they have problem with the Christian members on this forum, most who have been here way before they arrived.  They can't deny what is quite obvious by the patterns in their posts.  I will never believe that Mo was just asking an innocent question and we all know that Muman has big issues with Christianity( and the fact that Christian live and breathe).

This is my feeling too. I have felt that the forum has, for a while, been leaning towards Yeshiva Judaism (I don't know if this is the correct term), instead of staying with the religious zionism of the Kahanist type. The latter makes Israel its first priority and also prioritizes the ties between Jews and Gentiles. The former is not as committed to Israel (if at all) and is, on the whole, hostile to Christianity and distrustful of the idea of cooperating with pro-Israel Gentiles. I think that because of this drift, the forum has lost some popularity.

I think that statement is not true at all. There are plenty of haredim who cooperate with Christians. When the Pope visited the Kotel, he was accompanied by haredim. There are also some people who identify as Kahanists who are against cooperating with Christians, such as the people on the now-defunct revava forum. Personally, I think that we should cooperate with Christians who support Israel as long as they don't prosletyze (which nobody on this forum does).

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #102 on: September 09, 2009, 07:31:59 PM »

Im so sorry you feel like that but that is not what is happening here. I believe that Mo and Myself are as Zionist as any of you are. I don't know how you come to your conclusions.

Maybe even more so. Think about like this. The basis of Israel being the Jewish homeland comes from the Torah. That same Torah has 613 commandments. You can't just believe one thing the Torah says and not the other things. Hashem gave Israel to the Jews. He gave the Torah to the Jews. You can't take one and ignore the other. The ultimate dream is to learn Torah in Eretz Yisrael. I had the zechus of doing so on 2 separate half-year occasions, and there is nothing like it. It's no secret that I and (a few others not to name names) are orthodox Jews. Therefore, as Zionists AND Kahanists on top of that, we have a lot on our plate. There is ONE GOAL. Follow Hashem's Torah.  Orthodox, Kahanist, Jews must focus on the land of Israel and observing the ENTIRE Torah.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #103 on: September 09, 2009, 07:34:17 PM »
The Jewish people are NEVER going to find a better friend than people like born-again believers, strong and devout Catholics, and people that love the G-D OF ISRAEL.

True that 'in the name of Christianity' atrocities have been committed, but please... Jewish people that are Erav-Rav have *NOT* hurt good G-d fearing Christians??? GIMME A BREAK!
Bolshevik Jews in this administration have TORN APART CHRISTIANS, so NOBODY is damned innocent!

This thread is SICKENING me now, beyond BELIEF.

Never mind all of the "Christianity"

I will know this:
In the N.T., Jesus was a Jew, he read from Torah, he was born in Israel, he was murdered in Israel, and all of my Jewish teachers that I know say, FLAT OUT:

"We don't believe that Jesus is/was the Messiah, but HE WAS ONE OF US"

So, can we stop? OBVIOUSLY the Christian people love a good Jewish teacher. That's all.

Can I ask a question about Jesus?

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #104 on: September 09, 2009, 07:38:50 PM »
<snip>

At this point I think this discussion should go private instead of dragging on and possibly hurting some members feelings...

We have agreed to minimize the religious content and concentrate on the issues which confront all righteous JTF members...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline RanterMaximus

• Master JTFer
« Reply #105 on: September 09, 2009, 07:40:56 PM »
I would like to hear Chaim's response to this topic.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #106 on: September 09, 2009, 07:43:36 PM »
<snip>

At this point I think this discussion should go private instead of dragging on and possibly hurting some members feelings...

We have agreed to minimize the religious content and concentrate on the issues which confront all righteous JTF members...

My question isn't like that. It's purely an educational one. Besides, I want to see how many different answers I get. But if you insist....

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #107 on: September 09, 2009, 07:45:45 PM »
<snip>

My question isn't like that. It's purely an educational one. Besides, I want to see how many different answers I get. But if you insist....
I think RanterMaximus has a good idea... I believe I already know what Chaims response will be... But maybe it should be expressed again.

I just think it is best to keep these questions at bay for now... Many peoples emotions are on edge and it is very possible that we will say something which may be misinterpreted...

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #108 on: September 09, 2009, 07:47:00 PM »
This is a matter of disagreement, Muman. We do not believe at all that Christian theology contradicts Torah (i.e. we say that Jesus is Hashem) and we certainly don't believe Torah is obsolete.

We don't need to go over our differences each and every time.

Most Christians don't know this and many of them don't even know what Tanakh or Mitzvah means. The world would be a better place if more Christians accepted that they are a Judeocentric faith.

Most Christians believe that the only way to Heaven is through Jesus. What do the Christians think about our Jewish members here. Do you think that righteous Jews will go to Heaven even if they reject Jesus as a prophet and reject the idea of the trinity?
Why in the world should any righteous Jew be concerned about Jesus as a prophet or the idea of the trinity. Both are non issues as far as Jewish theology is concerned and well they should be. A Jewish person  needs to be a righteous Jew and follow the Torah to get to Heaven and the last time I read it it did not include any Trinity or Jesus Christ.  :read: Nope... No Jesus or Holy Trinity.....None

So I'm not allowed to even ASK about Christianity? So a Jew can't even take a religions course? I don't understand what's wrong with learning more about the world.
Nothing wrong with that.  It's just like the Christians on the forum, most want to learn all they can about Judaism.  What's wrong with that?  
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #109 on: September 09, 2009, 07:47:19 PM »
<snip>

I think RanterMaximus has a good idea... I believe I already know what Chaims response will be... But maybe it should be expressed again.

I just think it is best to keep these questions at bay for now... Many peoples emotions are on edge and it is very possible that we will say something which may be misinterpreted...

You mean it's very possible that YOU and I may say something that gets misinterpreted? :disease:

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #110 on: September 09, 2009, 07:48:24 PM »
This is a matter of disagreement, Muman. We do not believe at all that Christian theology contradicts Torah (i.e. we say that Jesus is Hashem) and we certainly don't believe Torah is obsolete.

Most Christians don't know this and many of them don't even know what Tanakh or Mitzvah means. The world would be a better place if more Christians accepted that they are a Judeocentric faith.

Most Christians believe that the only way to Heaven is through Jesus. What do the Christians think about our Jewish members here. Do you think that righteous Jews will go to Heaven even if they reject Jesus as a prophet and reject the idea of the trinity?
Why in the world should any righteous Jew be concerned about Jesus as a prophet or the idea of the trinity. Both are non issues as far as Jewish theology is concerned and well they should be. A Jewish person  needs to be a righteous Jew and follow the Torah to get to Heaven and the last time I read it it did not include any Trinity or Jesus Christ.  :read: Nope... No Jesus or Holy Trinity.....None

So I'm not allowed to even ASK about Christianity? So a Jew can't even take a religions course? I don't understand what's wrong with learning more about the world.
Nothing wrong with that.  It's just like the Christians on the forum, most want to learn all they can about Judaism.  What's wrong with that?  
"Why in the world should any righteous Jew be concerned about Jesus as a prophet or the idea of the trinity. Both are non issues as far as Jewish theology is concerned and well they should be. A Jewish person  needs to be a righteous Jew and follow the Torah to get to Heaven and the last time I read it it did not include any Trinity or Jesus Christ.  Read Nope... No Jesus or Holy Trinity.....None"

Who said that?

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #111 on: September 09, 2009, 07:49:29 PM »
<snip>

You mean it's very possible that YOU and I may say something that gets misinterpreted? :disease:

No you think glup

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #112 on: September 09, 2009, 07:50:30 PM »
<snip>

I think that we should leave the General Discussion forum for non-religious issues... We can post our Jewish thoughts in the Jewish section.

When we discuss other religions it often borders on proselytizing... And other non-Judaic religions {such as our Hindu members} may feel a need to explain their religious beliefs. If this happens we have a greater chance of becoming fragmented... This is just my opinion...

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #113 on: September 09, 2009, 07:52:20 PM »
<snip>

No you think glup

What's your problem?

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #114 on: September 09, 2009, 07:53:53 PM »
<snip>

No you think glup

What's your problem?

You

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #115 on: September 09, 2009, 07:54:08 PM »

Nothing wrong with that.  It's just like the Christians on the forum, most want to learn all they can about Judaism.  What's wrong with that? 
"Why in the world should any righteous Jew be concerned about Jesus as a prophet or the idea of the trinity. Both are non issues as far as Jewish theology is concerned and well they should be. A Jewish person  needs to be a righteous Jew and follow the Torah to get to Heaven and the last time I read it it did not include any Trinity or Jesus Christ.  Read Nope... No Jesus or Holy Trinity.....None"

Who said that?
I did you have a problem with it?
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #116 on: September 09, 2009, 07:54:19 PM »
AH seems to have glup on the mind...

:::D

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #117 on: September 09, 2009, 07:55:39 PM »

Jako smiješno krava

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #118 on: September 09, 2009, 07:56:17 PM »

Nothing wrong with that.  It's just like the Christians on the forum, most want to learn all they can about Judaism.  What's wrong with that? 

Who said that?
My question was based on that answer.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #119 on: September 09, 2009, 07:57:04 PM »
<snip>

I think what Mo is asking is who was saying that a Jew should worry about Christian religion? That is not what the topic was... What the question was concerning is what motivates a Christian to support the Jewish cause...

I regret having made the comment that our religions are not the same and pointed out some of the differences, though I did not impune those beliefs. Long story short we have wasted a good amount of time on a non-issue... And we are fighting between ourselves...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #120 on: September 09, 2009, 07:58:41 PM »

Jako smiješno krava

Very funny cows? Who are you calling a cow?

http://translate.google.com/translate_t?hl=en#sr|en|Jako smiješno krava

מְשׁוּגָע תַחַת
« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 08:03:51 PM by muman613 »

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #121 on: September 09, 2009, 07:59:13 PM »
<snip>

I think what Mo is asking is who was saying that a Jew should worry about Christian religion? That is not what the topic was... What the question was concerning is what motivates a Christian to support the Jewish cause...

I regret having made the comment that our religions are not the same and pointed out some of the differences, though I did not impune those beliefs. Long story short we have wasted a good amount of time on a non-issue... And we are fighting between ourselves...

Right, but what I meant was that if a Jew has a question about Christianity, according to that response he posted, Jews shouldn't focus on that.

Offline Serbian Canadian

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #122 on: September 09, 2009, 08:03:16 PM »
I think Mo unintentionally offended the Christian members of the forum.

I just have a big problem with this sentence: “I wouldn't, in a million years, join ANY movement that wasn't based on Judaism”. But in all fairness, I understand his concern. At the same time, I’m sure you were aware of the kind of response you would get if you started a thread such as this.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #123 on: September 09, 2009, 08:05:15 PM »

Who said that?
My question was based on that answer.
It really is a very simple answer.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #124 on: September 09, 2009, 08:06:49 PM »

Who said that?
CJD is right.  It is one thing to learn about another religion.  It's another to be bothered by those religious beliefs to the point where it interferes with your own faith.
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.