Author Topic: 13 y/o gay kid kills self  (Read 22187 times)

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: 13 y/o gay kid kills self
« Reply #125 on: October 07, 2010, 04:18:10 PM »
Thanks Muman, I appreciate that.   Good to know.

Offline Debbie Shafer

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #126 on: October 07, 2010, 05:52:30 PM »
Its a shame the boy killed himself.  Children need to be taught there are many consequences from sin.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #127 on: October 07, 2010, 08:09:35 PM »
Good post muman.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #128 on: October 07, 2010, 11:32:03 PM »
Yes, that article does cover a lot of the basic ideas concerning Jewish intimate relations.

I can tell you from experience that the woman is the one who decides if and when.... But I will not tell any stories...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #129 on: October 08, 2010, 08:57:42 AM »
Its a shame the boy killed himself.  Children need to be taught there are many consequences from sin.

What is the sin here? The homosexuality or the bullying that led to his suicide?

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #130 on: October 08, 2010, 09:20:12 AM »

Excuse me, but you were the one who promoted that because you implied that I was an evil dictator for suggesting that homosexual men stay single.    Can I ask you again to explain to me why that's a "wrong" suggestion?  

I never called you an evil dictator. I just simply stated that you're suggesting that homosexuals remain single and celebate for the rest of their lives. If they choose to do this by their own volition, that's fine. But none of us have the right to tell anyone else that they don't have the right to love and to be with someone in a mutually consenting relationship.

Nothing could be further from the truth. They're human beings just like us  

Oh, put a sock in it with this ridiculous propaganda, I know they are humans and never suggested otherwise, this leftist zombie rhetoric you employ is incredibly irritating.  

Propaganda? I was merely making a simple statement. No propaganda intended. I guess one person's simple comments in another person's propaganda and vice versa.

where sex only plays one part of their lives just like heterosexuals. Please forgive me if this is not what you said and if I misunderstood.

Ok, you're forgiven because you did misunderstand.

"They are prohibited from that behavior by G-d - It doesn't affect my quality of life but theirs!"

Fine. Then let G-d be the judge and not us.

Indeed, but it is a sin for us to promote their behavior or tell them it is ok when it isn't!   And THAT does affect us.

When did I ever say we should encourage their behavior? I never said that! The only thing I say is that we should just leave them the hell alone. That's not the same thing as encouraging their behavior.

The result of this kid's suicide was not the result of being encouraged or discouraged by others, it was the result of bullying, embarrassment, and harrassment. If he wasn't bullied this way, he wouldn't have done what he did. So I'm not saying the bullies should have encouraged him, they shoulda just left him the hell alone. If they just did that, this kid would still be alive today.

All I'm saying is that we oughta do the same. We shouldn't encourage them. We should just leave them alone.

"Why should the degree to which it affects my quality of life be relevant to this discussion."

Because if something doesn't affect us personally and isn't doing harm to anyone else,
Logical fallacy - it is doing harm because encouraging a person to sin is a sin for us (and it harms the person being encouraged too).

Again, leaving someone alone to live their own life is NOT the same thing as encouraging.

then we should just live and let live and let G-d take care of the rest.

There's a logic to this which I agree with.    Live and let live does not mean sanctioning unions of homosexual "partners" where the intention is to live together and have sex with one another in a loving relationship or putting female rabbis in kippas to sanction it.   (And that's what marriage does entail!)   It would mean staying the hell out of it.

I never mentioned any of the above items. I fully agree that we should just stay the hell out of it.

"In Judaism this behavior is a sin.  Period.   It seems that you're coming from a place where you don't care what Judaism says.  So there is no way to have a commensurable conversation.   However, the Jewish community functions with adherence to our peculiar Jewish religion."

This just proves the point of Sam Harris that G-d and religion are conversation stoppers. It doesn't matter what the rational merits and reasons of an argument or issue. If G-d says it, then there's no debate. It's the end of the conversation. Plain and simple.  

So what?   Why can't certain conversations have conversation stoppers?  Why is there no such thing as a red line in society?  

Such absolutistic dogma to live by! I, for one, don't believe that things in life are that simple. But that's a whole other issue for another discussion.

Judaism is not an "absolutistic dogma" but an obvious issues like this where G-d quite plainly says certain things are forbidden, there really can't be an argument about it.   It doesn't mean "things in life are that simple" (that's a quite general statement) and there can be many difficult and complicating circumstances surrounding that prohibition.   But nonetheless the prohibition exists, difficult or complicated as circumstances might be and we have to bear that in mind despite whatever obstacles...

I don't think it's accurate to assert that obeying G-d is "believing that things in life are simple."

No, what I'm saying is that by boiling things down to whether something is right or wrong by stating that, "Well, it's wrong because G-d said so" is simplifying things. I say this because I strongly believe that many things that we claim that G-d says is wrong was simply made up by humans and then they put these words into the mouth of G-d in order to try to control people's behavior. I know that this might be a very blasphemous thing to state on this forum. But it's honestly what I believe. And hey, I haven't been banned yet for expressing these beliefs. But I won't be surprised in the least if I ever am. The fact that I haven't been banned for expressing my agnostic secular humanistic beliefs shows that this forum is relatively tolerant.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 09:35:44 AM by Daniel »

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #131 on: October 08, 2010, 12:23:58 PM »

Oh, put a sock in it with this ridiculous propaganda, I know they are humans and never suggested otherwise, this leftist zombie rhetoric you employ is incredibly irritating.  

Propaganda? I was merely making a simple statement. No propaganda intended. I guess one person's simple comments in another person's propaganda and vice versa.

[/quote]

You were implying I view them as less than human.   Cheap rhetoric not based on reality.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #132 on: October 08, 2010, 12:26:41 PM »

When did I ever say we should encourage their behavior? I never said that! The only thing I say is that we should just leave them the hell alone. That's not the same thing as encouraging their behavior.

The result of this kid's suicide was not the result of being encouraged or discouraged by others, it was the result of bullying, embarrassment, and harrassment. If he wasn't bullied this way, he wouldn't have done what he did. So I'm not saying the bullies should have encouraged him, they shoulda just left him the hell alone. If they just did that, this kid would still be alive today.

All I'm saying is that we oughta do the same. We shouldn't encourage them. We should just leave them alone.

Funny how you shift the conversation to argue against straw-men.  Wasn't this about gay marriage?   When did this discussion between me and you get shifted to the poor guy who was bullied?

Let's get something straight.   I never said this kid should have gotten bullied.  If you think so, you need to read the comment thread again and pay close attention to my comments.   Don't just ascribe other people's comments to me and then argue with me.

I never challenged the fact that the bullies should have left him alone!    In fact, I implied that it might have helped if he fought back against them or if parents got involved.    Really, enough of this rhetoric.

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #133 on: October 08, 2010, 12:32:25 PM »
Re:  "What is the sin here? The homosexuality or the bullying that led to his suicide? "

The sin lies in the fact that the boy shot himself instead of shooting the bullies!

He murdered the victim!

All he needed to do was shoot the bullies in their kneecaps and shoulder joints [maybe even a few well placed rounds right in the fracas  ;D  ].

Then, he would have had every homosexual lobby activist lawyer lining up to defend him in court before some dyke feminist judge, and he would not only have been found not guilty by reason of self defense and extenuating circumstances, but would by now have been the most important celebrity of the month in all the media ... guest starring on Okra's show ... giving interviews on CNN!

He'd have been forwarded a huge advance on a book publishing deal, complete with a professional ghost writer who would have 'retold' the events surrounding the shooting.

Amazon and Borders wouldn't have been able to keep up with the public's demand for the hottest selling new book ever written  -

JUST A QUEER!
The true story of AN AMERICAN HERO who struck a blow to end oppression !

This month every mixed-up kid in the U.S. and Canada would have been wearing T-shirts with the kid's image on it.

By next month he'd have been touring all over the world and hailed as "The young man with the courage to end Racism!"

And by next year the failed hero would have been asked to Host the new Prime Time Television Show "America's Got Homos!"

NOW YOU KNOW WHY HE'S GUILTY OF SIN!

He ... could have ... been ........ A CONTENDER !     :'(

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #134 on: October 08, 2010, 12:33:20 PM »
So now I just don't understand what your complaint against religion is.

The fact that Judaism does not retract its morality in cases where people are too sensitive to hear that their actions are immoral or wrong?   Is that it?     The fact is, homosexual act is wrong.  I get that you're not a believer, but facts are facts about what the religion says.    That does not mean that anything can then be done to a person determined to be gay because he's doing something wrong at some times in his life.   Judaism (I can't speak for other religions) has an accompanying legal system.  Anyone acting on their philosophy - even proper Jewish philosophy - but doing so outside of that legal system is transgressing.  The halacha governs in what ways it is appropriate to act out Jewish belief.   So what's the big problem?     You agree that a rabbi should not be sanctioning "marriages" between gays given the rabbi's job to uphold Jewish principles.    I'm kind of lost now as to what you are saying.   Bullying is wrong?  Yeah, I agree.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #135 on: October 08, 2010, 12:41:40 PM »

No, what I'm saying is that by boiling things down to whether something is right or wrong by stating that, "Well, it's wrong because G-d said so" is simplifying things.   
   To exclude religion from the question of morality is simplifying things in a detrimental way.

I say this because I strongly believe that many things that we claim that G-d says is wrong was simply made up by humans and then they put these words into the mouth of G-d in order to try to control people's behavior. 

Then, that's not "simplifying things" to claim God calls something wrong, it's actually a fraudulent lie according to this belief.   Of course, I think your belief is wrong and have no reason to think it's right.

I know that this might be a very blasphemous thing to state on this forum. But it's honestly what I believe.

I gathered that you believe that, and that was why early in the discussion I had said "In Judaism this behavior is a sin.  Period.   It seems that you're coming from a place where you don't care what Judaism says.  So there is no way to have a commensurable conversation.   However, the Jewish community functions with adherence to our peculiar Jewish religion."

At the time, I had thought we were discussing gay "marriage."

In any case, there is actually something I'd like to ask based on your above belief which can actually result in a commensurable conversation about a different subject.    Namely, do you think that the author (or whoever you think wrote it) of the Torah was intelligent?

And hey, I haven't been banned yet for expressing these beliefs.
  I don't think you're going to be.  Is there a reason you should?
But I won't be surprised in the least if I ever am.
   Really?  Why?

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #136 on: October 08, 2010, 02:04:11 PM »

You were implying I view them as less than human.   Cheap rhetoric not based on reality.

[/quote]

I implied no such thing. That was a misinterpretation on your part.

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #137 on: October 08, 2010, 02:18:44 PM »

Funny how you shift the conversation to argue against straw-men.  Wasn't this about gay marriage?   When did this discussion between me and you get shifted to the poor guy who was bullied?

Let's get something straight.   I never said this kid should have gotten bullied.  If you think so, you need to read the comment thread again and pay close attention to my comments.   Don't just ascribe other people's comments to me and then argue with me.

I never challenged the fact that the bullies should have left him alone!    In fact, I implied that it might have helped if he fought back against them or if parents got involved.    Really, enough of this rhetoric.

BT-man, the entire topic of this thread is based on the 13 year old kid that committed suicide. I have no idea where you got gay marriage from. I guess we must have been talking past each other. I'm only discussing how what two consenting people do in their own bedrooms in their own business, period. Nothing more, nothing less.

Also, I'm not ascribing anything to you. Any views that I'm expressing is not aimed at you personally, but towards the general public. The fact that I happen to be replying to your messages doesn't mean that I'm arguing with you personally as would be the same as if I was replying to someone else's comment in kind. So I hope we have that straightened out.

I have no idea why you're calling this rhetoric. I'm not citing any type of liberal text. I'm merely expressing my own individual ideas. It only sounds like rhetoric to you because you disagree with it. To me, what you're saying sounds like rhetoric. But I know you're just expressing your individual views based on what you believe is right. So enough with accusing me of engaging in rhetoric. I am doing no such thing!

BTW, what do you mean by "argue against straw-men"? I have never heard of that expression.

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #138 on: October 08, 2010, 02:26:24 PM »

No, what I'm saying is that by boiling things down to whether something is right or wrong by stating that, "Well, it's wrong because G-d said so" is simplifying things.   
   To exclude religion from the question of morality is simplifying things in a detrimental way.

I say this because I strongly believe that many things that we claim that G-d says is wrong was simply made up by humans and then they put these words into the mouth of G-d in order to try to control people's behavior. 

Then, that's not "simplifying things" to claim G-d calls something wrong, it's actually a fraudulent lie according to this belief.   Of course, I think your belief is wrong and have no reason to think it's right.

I know that this might be a very blasphemous thing to state on this forum. But it's honestly what I believe.

I gathered that you believe that, and that was why early in the discussion I had said "In Judaism this behavior is a sin.  Period.   It seems that you're coming from a place where you don't care what Judaism says.  So there is no way to have a commensurable conversation.   However, the Jewish community functions with adherence to our peculiar Jewish religion."

In any case, there is actually something I'd like to ask based on your above belief which can actually result in a commensurable conversation about a different subject.    Namely, do you think that the author (or whoever you think wrote it) of the Torah was intelligent?

Really?  Why?

I dunno. Perhaps you're right. I just sometimes think that if I were to reveal the entire truth about who I am, what I believe, and how I behave, that I would not be tolerated on this forum. But that hasn't happened yet. I wonder if I should completely reveal everything about myself and see what happens. What I can basically say here is that I love Israel and am currently against the peace process. That's one thing that we can all be in agreement about. But aside from this, I'm on the opposite end of many other issues.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #139 on: October 08, 2010, 02:27:24 PM »
Daniel,

I gather from your opinion that you are a sodomite. Not because you actually engage in the abominable behavior itself, but because of your 'what goes on behind closed doors' attitude.

From the Jewish book of Wisdom called Pirkie Avot:

http://www.shechem.org/torah/avot.html
Chapter 5 Mishnah 13

13. There are four types among men:

He who says, "What is mine is mine and what is yours is yours"--this is the common type, though some say that this is the type of Sodom.

He who says, "What is mine is yours and what is yours is mine"--he is an ignorant man.

He who says, "What is mine is yours and what is yours is thine own"--he is a saintly man.

And he who says, "What is yours is mine, and what is mine is mine"--he is a wicked man.

Because you turn your eye away from the evil which is going on 'behind closed doors' you are saying "What is yours is yours", so long as I don't see it.

But because of this attitude Sodom was destroyed, not just because of the abomination itself. The people became cruel and turned their backs on the sins which others did. It actually became acceptable to do things which were cruel.

I hope that there are not many Sodomites out there who want to return to the wicked world which existed before the destruction of Sdom.

A Jew is supposed to rebuke the sinner, and hope that he does Teshuva and attempts to control his inclinations.

A man who can restrain his inclinations is considered a 'strong man' or a Gebor in hebrew according to the same book of Wisdom..

http://www.shechem.org/torah/avot.html#chap3
Chapter 4 Mishnah 1

1. Ben Zoma said: Who is wise? He who learns from all men, as it is written (Psalm 119:99) "I have gained understanding from all my teachers."

Who is mighty? He who subdues his passions, as it is written (Proverbs 16:32) "One who is slow to anger is better than the mighty, and one whose temper is controlled than one who captures a city."

Who is rich? He who rejoices in his portion, as it is written (Psalm 128:2) "You shall eat the fruit of the labor of your hands; you shall be happy, and it shall go well with you." "You shall be" refers to this world; and "it shall be well with you" refers to the world to come.

Who is honored? He that honors his fellow men as it is written (I Samuel 2:30) "For those who honor me I will honor, and those who despise me shall be treated with contempt."

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #140 on: October 08, 2010, 02:59:21 PM »
Well, you might like to call me a sodomite. I like to consider myself a humanist :)

I'm thinking of bearing my soul and confessing everything in another post. But being that it's close to shabbos, I'll save that for another time. I've gotta get ready to attend the Shabbat Unplugged services at Shaaray Tefilah in the city where a full band will be playing along with the service. Ooh, yes, I know, how blasphemous! But I find them the most awesome services in the world and that's what provides meaning and spirituality to me :)

Good shabbos everyone!

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #141 on: October 08, 2010, 03:11:08 PM »
Actually, whether I see it or not, I wouldn't consider it to be any less evil. But I'd rather not see it just because it's my own personal preference. (Well, when it comes to men anyway, if it were women, well, I won't even go there ;)

I personally don't see anything "cruel" in two people expressing their love for each other. I do think that it's cruel to bully, persecute, and condemn people for doing this.

On this forum, I get the sense that everyone is merely speaking out against homosexuality. Although I personally disagree with the attitudes, I wholeheartedly agree that you all have the right to say whatever you want about it. I will never tell you that you can't say that. But for anybody who engages in actual behavior of bullying or engaging in violence against a homosexual, I will personally want to do everything I can to beat the crap outa that person. Also, if anybody tries to legislate anything that is discriminatory against gays, then I will wholeheartedly fight against it. But if all you're doing is speaking out against that, I completely defend your right to say it whether I agree with it or not.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #142 on: October 08, 2010, 03:17:37 PM »
Well, you might like to call me a sodomite. I like to consider myself a humanist :)

I'm thinking of bearing my soul and confessing everything in another post. But being that it's close to shabbos, I'll save that for another time. I've gotta get ready to attend the Shabbat Unplugged services at Shaaray Tefilah in the city where a full band will be playing along with the service. Ooh, yes, I know, how blasphemous! But I find them the most awesome services in the world and that's what provides meaning and spirituality to me :)

Good shabbos everyone!

Why do you call this Shabbos? Don't you know what Shabbos means?

Sounds like a Friday night concert... Probably with mixed seating, and of course non-kosher food, and using electricity...

So basically why would you call it Shabbos? You must either not know that it is forbidden to do all those things or you do know yet you do it anyway. So your Jewishness is not important to you, because you violate and yet feel it is ok to violate the very Torah you hold up as holy... Im sorry, I feel very sorry for you.. What is sad is that you only will do those things which make sense to you, because of selfish reasons, not because it is what Hashem wants from us, to be servants of Hashem, to be a Holy nation... Not just because a mitzvah makes sense to you.... Yes, indeed you exhibit sodomite tendencies..

« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 03:22:39 PM by muman613 »

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #143 on: October 08, 2010, 03:28:48 PM »
Daniel,

I am one who believes that we should not oppress others because of their failures. A Jewish outlook is that we all have a desire to do good in the eyes of Hashem, and we all should WANT to do teshuva. I will rebuke others because Hashem told us to rebuke our brother, lest we be guilty of their sin. I hope you realize that nobody here is suggesting that homosexuals be treated unfairly. As long as these people truly feel regret for their desires. Just like a drug addict who desires another fix, he knows it is wrong, wrong physically and wrong spiritually, so too any sinner should have regret for his transgression.

Hashem is a most forgiving and will wait a LONG LONG time for a sinner to repent and do teshuva. One of Hashems names is LONG SUFFERING, meaning he will even allow himself to be desecrated in the hopes that the sinner will regret his evil ways. I too try to be LONG SUFFERING, as Hashem is, in my patients for those who transgress. I believe that most people are truly good in their hearts, and only sin out of foolishness or out of ignorance.

I do not belittle what little observance you have... But please make it a goal to become more observant as you grow..

Good Shabbos Noach to you...

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #144 on: October 08, 2010, 03:31:14 PM »

Good shabbos everyone!

Sounds like a Friday night concert... Probably with mixed seating, and of course non-kosher food, and using electricity...

So basically why would you call it Shabbos? You must either not know that it is forbidden to do all those things or you do know yet you do it anyway. So your Jewishness is not important to you, because you violate and yet feel it is ok to violate the very Torah you hold up as holy... Im sorry, I feel very sorry for you.. What is sad is that you only will do those things which make sense to you, because of selfish reasons, not because it is what Hashem wants from us, to be servants of Hashem, to be a Holy nation... Not just because a mitzvah makes sense to you.... Yes, indeed you exhibit sodomite tendencies..

Your definition of Shabbos and Judaism and Jewishness is very different from mine and many other Jews for that matter. I've got news for you. The orthodox do not have a monopoly on Judaism, and Torah Judaism is not the only valid form of Judaism. If you want to see things that way, that's fine. But I don't need to abide by what you think is right or what you say G-d says is right. It doesn't make me any less of a Jew. You might call it sodomite tendencies. I call it being enlightened and humanistic. I suppose it's the same difference for all intents and purposes.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #145 on: October 08, 2010, 03:36:33 PM »

Good shabbos everyone!

Your definition of Shabbos and Judaism and Jewishness is very different from mine and many other Jews for that matter. I've got news for you. The orthodox do not have a monopoly on Judaism, and Torah Judaism is not the only valid form of Judaism. If you want to see things that way, that's fine. But I don't need to abide by what you think is right or what you say G-d says is right. It doesn't make me any less of a Jew. You might call it sodomite tendencies. I call it being enlightened and humanistic. I suppose it's the same difference for all intents and purposes.

This is only about Torah Judaism... You are expressing the view that the Torah is not divine, that it is up to the majority opinion of the shul to decide what is right and wrong. This is not Judaism as it has existed for 3000 years, reform judaism is an invention of the liberals who rebelled.

You cannot just wake up one day and say that the wisdom of the Jewish people from Moses was all wrong and now you invent a new religion. Are you Jewish ? Do you believe in the Torah?

You are proving what we have said all along about the reform movement. It makes things up and doesn't follow the Jewish laws. These are not Orthodox Jewish laws, they are JEWISH LAWS which existed long before REFORM or ORTHODOX. This is the Judaism which our forefathers practiced from the diaspora.

And sure, you have free will... But you will some day regret the rebellion which you are expressing here. I know from experience..

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #146 on: October 09, 2010, 05:27:39 PM »

What is the sin here? The homosexuality or the bullying that led to his suicide?

We don't know if this boy was a homosexual, but even if he was, bullying him was a huuuuuge sin.  If he was a homosexual, perhaps he could change in at least not doing homosexual behavior.  Therefore, to me, it's a lesser sin.  Suicide is a terrible sin, with a few exceptions, homosexual or non homosexual. 
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #147 on: October 09, 2010, 05:46:05 PM »
No need to reply to this, Daniel, but it sounds like you might be a homosexual or know someone close to you who is one.  If this is true, we are not here to force you to do anything. You have free will.  However, if you are doing it, we recommend that you don't and that it is inappropriate.  And if there is anything else we can do to help we will try and help.

And if I am way off, I apologize sincerely...

Most of us are aware that you are a liberal and that mistakingly voted for Obama.

Then, that's not "simplifying things" to claim G-d calls something wrong, it's actually a fraudulent lie according to this belief.   Of course, I think your belief is wrong and have no reason to think it's right.

Really?  Why?

I dunno. Perhaps you're right. I just sometimes think that if I were to reveal the entire truth about who I am, what I believe, and how I behave, that I would not be tolerated on this forum. But that hasn't happened yet. I wonder if I should completely reveal everything about myself and see what happens. What I can basically say here is that I love Israel and am currently against the peace process. That's one thing that we can all be in agreement about. But aside from this, I'm on the opposite end of many other issues.

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #148 on: October 09, 2010, 06:55:51 PM »
To Daniel:

Daniel,
It's OK by me that you are whatever you say you are.
I don't necessarily agree with it, but in the long run only you can make the decisions and choices.
So, that out of the way, I am curious to know why it is that you don't simply "convert" and renounce Judaism for another belief system more accepting of your beliefs and lifestyle?
As far as "fitting in" with the majority religion in the West, it seems like you should just go be baptized and never have to live in a different mindset than the majority population.  Is it because you are still carrying around some "Jewish baggage" instinctively telling you that worshipping a man as G-d is idolatry?  Or is it that you can not accept the literal understanding of Torah, preferring to view it as a nice book of poetry, parables, and allegories to help man to live?  It appears to me that any Jew "clinging" to Jewish identity, while otherwise living as a strict secular Jew - rejecting all but a semblance of Jewish belief, has something deep within his subconscious mind which won't allow him to go all the way and 'cut the string" tethering him to a truly miraculous history and intellectual theology.  Without Torah Judaism, there would today be no Christianity, no Islam, nor any of its dozen or so offshoots such as B'hai.  By logical extension it stands to reason that ALL of Western Christendom and ALL countries with a Muslim majority owe their entire development and cultures to the Torah and Jews, without which they would not exist.
I look forward to your honest responses, and assure you that I will not condemn you or insist you see things just one way.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #149 on: October 09, 2010, 08:27:54 PM »
Torah Judaism is not the only valid form of Judaism.

Koran "Judaism?"   

Create-your-own-religion- "Judaism?"

If it's not Torah, then why call it Judaism.  Sounds very dishonest to me.