Author Topic: Corona  (Read 10902 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Corona
« Reply #75 on: August 01, 2010, 09:26:34 PM »
I don't really like the taste of alcohol.  Besides which, I don't react well to it.  I usually end up with a very dry throat, followed by a cold the next day.  But I do like the sweet red Manischevitz kosher wine. 

It is odd because most people say they don't like Manischevitz wine... I actually like the sweet red wine also...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #76 on: August 01, 2010, 09:27:22 PM »
I don't really like the taste of alcohol.  Besides which, I don't react well to it.  I usually end up with a very dry throat, followed by a cold the next day.  But I do like the sweet red Manischevitz kosher wine. 

It is odd because most people say they don't like Manischevitz wine... I actually like the sweet red wine also...

Guys, I have to agree.  It's surprisingly good.  Have you had the cherry flavored one?   That's really good from what I remember.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #77 on: August 01, 2010, 09:27:51 PM »
Thanks KWRBT

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #78 on: August 01, 2010, 09:33:18 PM »

The problem with Manischevitz is it just tastes to good almost like grape juice and people tend to over indulge....The nasty thing about sweet wine is it leaves a nasty hangover the next day for people who abuse it.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Ari Ben-Canaan

• Master JTFer
  • "The Necromancers Could Not Stand Before Moses."
« Reply #79 on: August 01, 2010, 11:02:21 PM »
Manischewitz is a true mevushal wine [it is boiled wine].  The reason so much sugar is added is because boiled wine tastes horrible on its own.  Most Kosher mevushal wine now is boiled in the sense of flash pasteurization, so it does not ruin the original taste of the wine.  I like Manischewitz though.

I like the taste of beer.  My favorites are "Blue Moon", and "Fat Tire" [both are Kosher of course].  A good beer or two makes a meal all that much more enjoyable, and it stimulates the appetite.

I like single malt scotch as well, however, much of it is not Kosher because of the way it is aged [in sherry barrels or butts; sherry is a wine and would need to be Kosher for a Jew to consume.].

It is a true joy to consume alcohol to the point where it gladdens the heart, but drinking alcohol too often or too much of it wears a heart into sorrows.
"You must keep the arab under your boot or he will be at your throat" -Unknown

"When we tell the Arab, ‘Come, I want to help you and see to your needs,’ he doesn’t look at us like gentlemen. He sees weakness and then the wolf shows what he can do.” - Maimonides

“I am all peace, but when I speak, they are for war.” -Psalms 120:7

"The difference between a Jewish liberal and a Jewish conservative is that when a Jewish liberal walks out of the Holocaust Museum, he feels, "This shows why we need to have more tolerance and multiculturalism." The Jewish conservative feels, "We should have killed a lot more Nazis, and sooner."" - Philip Klein

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #80 on: August 02, 2010, 12:55:36 AM »

The Big One!
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #81 on: August 02, 2010, 12:57:08 AM »
Booze... expensive, unhealthy (besides in great moderation) and a great disinhibitor to sin. No thanks for me, let me be like the Russian Jews my whole life!

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #82 on: August 02, 2010, 01:39:25 AM »
Is garbage, Mo

No, I hate Goldstar  :yuck:

When I come to Israel IY'H, you will get me a Corona.

Don't push your luck
Uncle Ron will give you a gift but one that fists your age little Americano

That's the only beer in Israel worth drinking....Maybe Miller.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #83 on: August 02, 2010, 01:41:25 AM »
Yes
so?
my friends are getting it for me :D
Does Judaism condone breaking the law to drink?

VERY complicated.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #84 on: August 02, 2010, 01:56:57 AM »
It is a true joy to consume alcohol to the point where it gladdens the heart, but drinking alcohol too often or too much of it wears a heart into sorrows.

Very well put!

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #85 on: August 02, 2010, 02:07:50 AM »
Never one to disappoint, I will repost what Chabad says about the Jewish view of alcohol consumption. We differ greatly from the views of Christianity and Islam in this {I believe}. I know that Islam is supposed to forbid all alcohol consumption and I have heard that Christianity frowns on it...

http://www.chabad.org/library/article_cdo/aid/581082/jewish/What-is-Judaisms-take-on-alcohol-consumption.htm

What is Judaism's take on alcohol consumption?
By Menachem Posner

Wine and intoxicating beverages are a fascinating subject when viewed from the Torah's perspective. On one hand, we use wine for kiddush and havdallah on Shabbat and Jewish holidays, and many, many mitzvot are accompanied by a cup of wine. Blessings are recited on a cup of wine beneath the chupah (wedding canopy), at a circumcision, at a Pidyon Haben (the "Redemption of a Firstborn Son"), and let's not forget the four cups of wine we drink at the Passover seder.

In the Scriptures, wine is described as "bringing joy to G‑d and man" (Judges 9:13). And, indeed, every sacrifice offered in the Holy Temple was accompanied by a wine libation. Because wine is considered to be the "king of beverages" the rabbis coined a special blessing to be recited exclusively on wine: the Hagafen blessing.

And let us not forget the venerated age-old Jewish custom to say l'chaim and wish each other well over a shot glass of schnapps.

Conversely, we are told of the destructive nature of wine and intoxication. Several examples:

According to an opinion expressed in the Talmud, the "Tree" of Knowledge was actually a grapevine. Thus it was the fruit of the vine that tripped up Adam and Eve, causing them and their descendents untold hardship and misery.1

The righteous Noah, whose righteousness caused G‑d to spare the human race, was disgraced by excessive wine consumption.

Nadab and Abihu, Aaron's two holy sons, entered the Tabernacle while drunk and were consumed by a fire that emanated from the heavens.

The Torah extols the virtue, courage, and holiness of the Nazirite who vows to abstain from wine.

So what is wine? Is it a holy beverage with immense powers, reserved for holy and special occasions? Or is it a destructive agent with the power to bring down mighty people; a substance to be avoided at all costs?

Well, a little bit of both, it seems. As we mentioned earlier, according to one opinion, the Tree of Knowledge was a grape vine—and the Tree of Knowledge is dubbed by the Torah as being "good and bad." It has tremendous potential, when utilized properly, and a drawback of equal proportion, if misused and abused. What we use it for is entirely up to us.

Wine's ability to bring joy is because it relaxes our inhibitions and weakens the body's natural defenses. This "weakening of the body" allows the soul to shine through. After taking a l'chaim one is more easily inspired, because the body offers less resistance. This obviously applies only when one drinks in moderation, and on special, holy occasions in an attempt to make them a bit more festive and to introduce an inspirational ambiance.

On the other hand, getting drunk in order to escape responsibilities we have to ourselves, to our families, and to those around us, is highly destructive. A person who is in an "escapist" mode is a dangerous person, because very often he is also escaping many of the rules that he would be wise to follow.

On the practical side, we are forbidden to pray while drunk and priests were not allowed to serve in the Holy Temple whilst drunk. Even today, priests may not bless the congregation after having even a single glass of wine.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #86 on: August 02, 2010, 02:28:16 AM »
Some denominations of Christians don't believe in drinking alcohol (like the Southern Baptists), but most do, because of certain stories in the NT which allow it.

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 02, 2010, 02:48:36 AM »
I think corona is gross and Goldstar is great.
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline Masha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #88 on: August 02, 2010, 02:50:20 AM »
Is beer kosher for Jews? It doesn't sound like a Jewish drink.

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 02, 2010, 02:54:23 AM »
99% of Beer are
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline Ari Ben-Canaan

• Master JTFer
  • "The Necromancers Could Not Stand Before Moses."
« Reply #90 on: August 02, 2010, 04:00:01 AM »
Many beers are Kosher.  I would go so far as to say most.  My two favorites, Blue Moon, and Fat Tire, are approved  by Orthodox Union, and Scroll-K, respectively.  Usually its pretty easy to see if a beer is Kosher or not over the internet.  Usually beer's ingredients are parve.
"You must keep the arab under your boot or he will be at your throat" -Unknown

"When we tell the Arab, ‘Come, I want to help you and see to your needs,’ he doesn’t look at us like gentlemen. He sees weakness and then the wolf shows what he can do.” - Maimonides

“I am all peace, but when I speak, they are for war.” -Psalms 120:7

"The difference between a Jewish liberal and a Jewish conservative is that when a Jewish liberal walks out of the Holocaust Museum, he feels, "This shows why we need to have more tolerance and multiculturalism." The Jewish conservative feels, "We should have killed a lot more Nazis, and sooner."" - Philip Klein

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #91 on: August 02, 2010, 07:51:14 AM »

Most beers are kosher. The problem with non-kosher beer is with the flavoring. It sounds more Jewish when it's spoken in Hebrew as "beerah".

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #92 on: August 02, 2010, 09:06:44 AM »
Never one to disappoint, I will repost what Chabad says about the Jewish view of alcohol consumption.

Heheh... You have to admit Chabad is a little unique in their views, practices with alcohol!

They have a "farbreingen" culture which is not necessarily practiced by most groups of Jews.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #93 on: August 02, 2010, 11:26:50 AM »
Never one to disappoint, I will repost what Chabad says about the Jewish view of alcohol consumption.

Heheh... You have to admit Chabad is a little unique in their views, practices with alcohol!

They have a "farbreingen" culture which is not necessarily practiced by most groups of Jews.

What was written in that article is the basic truth, that alcohol in moderation is OK. Wine is a part of the Jewish ritual of Kiddush and in the times of the Temples was used in the Wine libation. It is also true that the negative aspects of alcohol include the story of Noachs downfall and the story of Aarons sons Nadab and Abihu.

It is true that Chabad does like alcohol. But even so they do not encourage drunkenness.

Offline ✡ Hindu Zionist ॐ

• Master JTFer
  • India- Most pro-Israel country of the world!
« Reply #94 on: August 02, 2010, 12:23:09 PM »
Heineken works for me

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #95 on: August 02, 2010, 12:39:33 PM »

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Be a light in the darkness.......
« Reply #96 on: August 02, 2010, 12:46:59 PM »
What is wrong with Heineken?

That is the only beer I will drink.

Heineken works for me
:yuck:
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline ✡ Hindu Zionist ॐ

• Master JTFer
  • India- Most pro-Israel country of the world!
« Reply #97 on: August 02, 2010, 12:48:21 PM »
i wait for Robert to defend that ;D

Offline IsraeliGovtAreKapos

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #98 on: August 02, 2010, 12:52:17 PM »
i wait for Robert to defend that ;D

Wait for who?

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #99 on: August 02, 2010, 01:17:42 PM »
Pepsi!

Pay Every Penny, Save Israel!