Author Topic: Any Messianic Jews on here?  (Read 17385 times)

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Any Messianic Jews on here?
« Reply #100 on: August 04, 2008, 01:07:27 PM »
No worries Shamgar.  Apologies accepted.   ;)  We have bigger fish to fry...

As with direct regards to q_q_, this is a Jewish forum where Judaism is one of, if not the moral guideline.  I, personally, hold disdain for Messianic "Jews" as their entire agenda is to Missionize and convert the ignorant Jews away from their entire being to which those pdf files are to the ut-most level of importance.

No further commentary is needed with respect to this subject. 

As Nik would say.....  Ol-MarZutra out.... ;)

That is not the point I made to you.
Do you think I am OK with missionaries?  Myself yourself and JTF as an org, are all against missionizing to jews.

« Last Edit: August 04, 2008, 01:10:39 PM by q_q_ »

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #101 on: August 04, 2008, 02:07:58 PM »
Of course I was responding to the question of the topic as that is normally what one does is it not? 

"Be clear. Do you expect people to start downloading PDFs because you misled them into thinking the context was something it wasn't!"

I'm VERY clear as to what I've posted, if one cared to read the first line in every link: Jews4Judaism.....  The PDF's are quite good if you'd be open minded enough to actually read them and inform yourself that is DIRECTLY related to the subject of this particular thread: Messianic "Jews" and my hopes that there aren't any here...

Further the statement made my Shamgar, if I am understanding you correctly, seems to be one of mockery and too insult as another who will not read about what it means to be a Jew not a Messianic "Jew".  If I've misunderstood you... my sincere apologies.  I detest Messianic "Jews"...

Jews for Judaism is a good counter missionary movement that was of great help at my university back in 1997 when the Intervarsity Christian Fellowship group wanted to invite a "rabbi" of the messianic "jewish" movement to speak to our hillel about Jesus and the passover...I think I was one of the only Jews on campus who realized what they were up to and let them have it for their attempted deception on Jews who don't know better and other liberal self-hating Jews who actually thought it was a legitimate movement...ugh!  But when the Jews for Judaism guy showed up, he set these liberals in the right spot and convinced them that JforJesus and "messianic Jews" were nothing more than deceptful missionaries aimed at converting unknowing Jews to Christianity...
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Shamgar

• Master JTFer
  • Preservation of Dal al-Harb
    • TangoMike3
« Reply #102 on: August 04, 2008, 02:26:56 PM »
While I am not Messianic, I know of someone who is on Paltalk. She kept speaking about her messiah and trying to "convert" me so to speak. Other Jews told me the messianic movement is a scam to steal Jewish souls, so i've always kept my distance. While she says she's pro Israel, I don't believe what she believes. No thanks for people who want to save my soul, i'm a Jew, not a Christian.

Hi WI, I like your picture. What does the Hebrew above it say?

Thanks
Infidels fighting Obamazombies and Islamazombies in the wastelands of the former United States.

"I will stand with the Blue Line should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #103 on: August 04, 2008, 04:10:02 PM »
@Shamgar: it says "The spirit of the IDF"

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Be a light in the darkness.......
« Reply #104 on: August 04, 2008, 05:24:11 PM »
Are you sure this person was trying to proselytyze??? Maybe he just wanted to find some like minded Jews here, thats all......just my 2 cents is all....:)
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #105 on: August 04, 2008, 05:45:52 PM »
While I am not Messianic, I know of someone who is on Paltalk. She kept speaking about her messiah and trying to "convert" me so to speak. Other Jews told me the messianic movement is a scam to steal Jewish souls, so i've always kept my distance. While she says she's pro Israel, I don't believe what she believes. No thanks for people who want to save my soul, i'm a Jew, not a Christian.

Hi WI, I like your picture. What does the Hebrew above it say?

Thanks

It says "IDF Spirit"

Offline MarZutra

• Ultimate JTFer
    • BLOODBATH OF THE LEFT
« Reply #106 on: August 04, 2008, 07:36:27 PM »
What no bomb strapped onto the koranimal kid? ;)  Bastards!!
"‘Vehorashtem/Numbers 33:53’: When you burn out the Land’s inhabitants, you will merit to bestow upon your children the Land as an inheritance. If you do not burn them out, then even if you conquer the Land, you will not merit to allot it to your children as an inheritance." - Ovadiah ben Yacov Sforno; Italian Rabbi, Biblical Commentator, Philosopher and Physician.  1475-1550.

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #107 on: August 04, 2008, 07:38:03 PM »

Then it would be a Boom-by.  :::D
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #108 on: August 04, 2008, 07:49:31 PM »

If anyone has photoshop skills, feel free to add it ;)

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
« Reply #109 on: August 04, 2008, 11:45:41 PM »
Rabbi Kahane of blessed memory said, "We have Jews for Jesus...that's not the greatest tragedy.  The greatest tragedy is Jews for nothing."

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #110 on: August 05, 2008, 12:01:32 AM »
Rabbi Kahane of blessed memory said, "We have Jews for Jesus...that's not the greatest tragedy.  The greatest tragedy is Jews for nothing."

only because there are more jews for nothing, than there are jews for jesus.

And the talk where he gave that, he was talking to normal jews who were perhaps not that connected to judaism. That might have been a reform "temple" he was talking in.  He talked about the 11th commandment "thou shalt melt". He was talking to jews who were heavily affected with their own cases of intermarriage. (only the orthodox are marrying in!), 

He would never have said that in this situation, because in this situation, the issue is a christian missionary on the premises!

And so in this thread, the issue is not "jews for nothing".

The reason he said what he said to those jews.. was to open their eyes to the problem they were facing themselves. (which is also a problem that affects a larger number of jews, which is why it's a bigger problem - in that sense)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #111 on: August 05, 2008, 12:55:47 AM »

Look at the statistics of the next generation born to J4J and tell me they dont marry out? I think it is worse than regular assimilation because the children are so confused.

muman613
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #112 on: August 05, 2008, 01:03:41 AM »

Look at the statistics of the next generation born to J4J and tell me they dont marry out? I think it is worse than regular assimilation because the children are so confused.

muman613

of course it's worse., on an individual level though.

But taking the jewish people are a whole, what is the big problem we face.. high levels of assimilation, the number is so high, that the lubavitcher rebbe referred to it as a spiritual holocaust.

the assimilation is amongst the non orthodox..

I vaguely recall that intermarriage overall is around 40%..in britain, and 60% in america.

if it weren't for the orthodox, particularly the charedim, it would be much more!

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #113 on: August 05, 2008, 01:51:16 AM »

muman613

But taking the jewish people are a whole, what is the big problem we face.. high levels of assimilation, the number is so high, that the lubavitcher rebbe referred to it as a spiritual holocaust.

I vaguely recall that intermarriage overall is around 40%..in britain, and 60% in america.

if it weren't for the orthodox, particularly the charedim, it would be much more!

q_q,

I know this statistic and it terrifies me. My family has married out too. It is too sad to recall here. I am the only one who has done teshuva, and it may be too late to continue our family as Jews. Judaism is so important for the soul and it will not be lost. I am going the route of Orthodoxy but I need to find a community because where I am we can barely get a kosher minyan for Kaddish. Missionaries really are like Amalek in that they are attacking the weak links.

It is for this reason that I find what Chabad does to be so helpful to our faith. I believe the Chabad telethon is going to be on soon {they just mailed me a flyer}. I love my Chabad rabbi for many reasons, his kindness to my father when he visited {Dad got an aliyah :) }, his helping me learn to don tefillin, his wonderful Shabbatons and Purim parties, and last year Yom Kippur.

I think the only thing we can do is to do more mitzvahs which reach out to others. This is Chabads method, going out and helping Jews with their mitzvah vans. Help someone with a mezzuzah as a friend of mine has done numerous times. It is these kinds of mitzvahs which remind us who we are. It is believed that there is a great need for spirituality out there and we know that Judaism answers that need. I have learned so much about our great heritage, the Torah, and the Prophets, and the ideals of righteousness. Even when I was a young man I had these dreams. I had to stray from the path to realize the great prize which I was forsaking. My heritage which was encapsulated in my Name, the name which reminds me who I am.

muman613
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #114 on: August 05, 2008, 02:39:20 AM »
Why do some idiotic people repeatedly bring up issues which cause confusion in the forum?
CZ, I think that this person was a troll. Before coming up with this thread, WALK_STRONG a few weeks earlier making a thread asking "is it true that Chaim Ben Pesach is a convicted criminal?".

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #115 on: August 05, 2008, 02:43:14 AM »
One issue where Christians and Jews can easily agree on is intermarriage. Both of our faiths are losing huge numbers of our ranks to intermarriage. As a Gentile, I don't know enough about all the causes and factors behind Jewish intermarriage (other than rising secularity and conformity to surrounding cultures), but in Christians, it often happens when a Christian woman, either in desperation or thinking that she can convert him, marries a nonbelieving man (there are more Christian women than men, so there is a real gender bottleneck).

I strongly believe in the faiths remaining "equally yoked" to use a term of Paul's) and all JTFers should denounce intermarriage for all religions.

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #116 on: August 05, 2008, 09:08:47 AM »

muman613

q_q,

I know this statistic and it terrifies me. My family has married out too. It is too sad to recall here. I am the only one who has done teshuva, and it may be too late to continue our family as Jews. Judaism is so important for the soul and it will not be lost. I am going the route of Orthodoxy but I need to find a community because where I am we can barely get a kosher minyan for Kaddish. Missionaries really are like Amalek in that they are attacking the weak links.

It is for this reason that I find what Chabad does to be so helpful to our faith. I believe the Chabad telethon is going to be on soon {they just mailed me a flyer}. I love my Chabad rabbi for many reasons, his kindness to my father when he visited {Dad got an aliyah :) }, his helping me learn to don tefillin, his wonderful Shabbatons and Purim parties, and last year Yom Kippur.

I think the only thing we can do is to do more mitzvahs which reach out to others. This is Chabads method, going out and helping Jews with their mitzvah vans. Help someone with a mezzuzah as a friend of mine has done numerous times. It is these kinds of mitzvahs which remind us who we are. It is believed that there is a great need for spirituality out there and we know that Judaism answers that need. I have learned so much about our great heritage, the Torah, and the Prophets, and the ideals of righteousness. Even when I was a young man I had these dreams. I had to stray from the path to realize the great prize which I was forsaking. My heritage which was encapsulated in my Name, the name which reminds me who I am.

muman613

fantastic that you survived and continue to survive the spiritual holocaust

even amongst secular jews, the main thing that prevents intermarriage is fear of parental dismay. As one anti religious secular jew once said(publically preaching to himself), "Intermarry - that's it, you're divorcing your parents" He said that to a few people, one of whome had a non-jewish girlfriend.   8 years later, that person that had a non-jewish girlfriend, has become a baal teshuva.

i'm no fan of mitzva mobiles - suppose they ask "did you put teffilin on this morning" to somebody that knows how, but -didn't- put on teffilin that morning, and doesn't want to advertise the fact.   This can happen often in jewish areas, where they take their van anyway.

but I like the fact that they are available in far out places, and things like purim megillah reading are done at a few times.  Often a quiet reading and a one for kids(or perhaps, parents with kids).

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #117 on: August 05, 2008, 09:40:00 AM »
One issue where Christians and Jews can easily agree on is intermarriage. Both of our faiths are losing huge numbers of our ranks to intermarriage. As a Gentile, I don't know enough about all the causes and factors behind Jewish intermarriage (other than rising secularity and conformity to surrounding cultures), but in Christians, it often happens when a Christian woman, either in desperation or thinking that she can convert him, marries a nonbelieving man (there are more Christian women than men, so there is a real gender bottleneck).

I strongly believe in the faiths remaining "equally yoked" to use a term of Paul's) and all JTFers should denounce intermarriage for all religions.

I was friends with a Christian girl in a chat room and she fell in love with a man from the same chat. He was a really nice person, but he followed a form of shamanism. I don't know whether he took drugs to communicate with spirits or not, but I didn't ask. Anyway, when I first met this girl, she was really devout and believed all the essential doctrines of Christianity. However as she got involved with this man, I saw her faith deteriorate. I told her the Bible said not to marry him, but she was in love and wouldn't listen to me.

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #118 on: August 05, 2008, 11:26:29 AM »

I was friends with a Christian girl in a chat room and she fell in love with a man from the same chat. He was a really nice person, but he followed a form of shamanism. I don't know whether he took drugs to communicate with spirits or not, but I didn't ask. Anyway, when I first met this girl, she was really devout and believed all the essential doctrines of Christianity. However as she got involved with this man, I saw her faith deteriorate. I told her the Bible said not to marry him, but she was in love and wouldn't listen to me.

Oh this is a sad story. :(

I would never marry a non Christian women. I think I would have great problems to marry a Christian woman who don't agrees mostly with the reformed theology in it's pure Geneva form.

Family and religion have to be an unit.

Beside of the sin, this marriages are failing more often than natural marriages.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani